Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning when I woke up Ollie's beard was completely black bit it went away when I held him for a bit. Later I tried to feed him his lunch roaches but his beard was black again and after he ate a few he puffed all the way up and started freaking out and running around. Now any time I put him down for any amount of time he puffs up, gets black beard and starts running around. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have to go to work in a few hours and I don't want him to hurt himself or anything while I am gone.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the UVB brand and bulb coil or tube? Where in the tank is it ? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them ? Are you using any colored bulbs - hes in distress about something we need to figure out what it is? Any other dragons in the house? Can he see his reflection?
Karrie

kjworley19

Original Poster
The UVB is a tube 10.00 above his basking area. His basking temps are a little low this week because my heater is broken. Taken with a probe thermometer about 98 on average. No colored bulbs, no other dragons or other pets since I'm just in a dorm room. Nothing has changed today from other days. Usually he gets minor black beard when he hasn't pooped in a little too long but never anything like this.

kjworley19

Original Poster
Alright he pooped but now he is just laying on the floor of his tank still with black beard. There is something trailing from his vent, it kind of looks like a string of skin. Also, I think his femoral pores are really clogged up. How can I fix that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please take a pic of his vent -- it sounds like a prolapse but we need to see
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --
If its what I am thinking - -- please get a pic of him and post I will need Tracie or AHBD to help or both
the UVB is a brand and bulb please
Your dragon is in distress if his beard is black --that is not good
Karrie

kjworley19

Original Poster
It's gone, it must have come off so it must not be a prolapse. What do you think I could do to calm him down? He still looks super stressed and Im about to have to leave for work

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get a pic of him and post please --- hes in distress for some reason and we need to be able to see --
take a pic of the tank and lighting and him and his pores
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I see no black beard- femoral pores dont look to bad but please get another pic of him w/ his bottom straight on so his legs are spread out like a frog hanging --
The UVB is not in the tank --- if the screen is a fine mesh it needs to be inside the tank w/a distance of 12-15 inches directly over a piece of basking decor -- at this point hes not getting much if any UVB w / the way its placed and no decor under it ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom