Bearded dragon got sucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
loljelloclowdz":36hdrorx said:
bossdragon":36hdrorx said:
Dude just take it to the vet, stop talking about the setup of the cage and whatever and take it to the vet. Seems like you don't care about your pet if you refuse to take it to the vet. No wonder it's mad at you, you sucked it up in a vacuum.

It was ✨ an accident ✨. Also vets can’t do anything for broken juvenile beardie limbs just as human doctors can’t do anything if you break your toe or rib.
They can x-ray it to see how bad it is, they can probably give meds to help it, they could say if you need a splint for it, and if it's really bad they can say if you need surgery for it

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Drache613":bghwd7r0 said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
The stool doesn't look too bad, so are you talking about the grayish coloring? I don't see any
blood, correct?
Is he eating anything right now? If his entire leg is broken, they can set the leg & immobilize it
for help with it healing up. Try to keep everything easily assessable for him so he doesn't have
to work hard to bask, or get any food, etc.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
Yes the whitish in color but seemed to go away with today's stool. Haven't seen any blood. He's been eating collard greens an nutri worms still. Everything is easy for him to climb. Got basking temps to 108. An new reptisun bulb help with the healing.
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok good bulb and your distance is 12-15 inches correct? Is he sitting under it?
Karrie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ej7jg4s said:
Ok good bulb and your distance is 12-15 inches correct? Is he sitting under it?
Karrie
Its about 8-10 inches from the decor under neath. He's actually sleeping under the new decor. Like out of site.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok see if you can lower the decor or higher the T 5 you may haft to set something under the ends of the fixture to raise it -- if hes under the decor and not basking under it the rays may be too strong --
Karrie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
He is moving his right rear leg today. Noticed when he was glass dancing earlier. He's still favoring it but is alot better. He started eating collard greens also. Still picky with the squash. Tail is white in color so could be shedding soon. Anything you can do at night. When lights go on in morning. Both dragons are dark in color all over? Not sure with no screen on this dragon. But other has a topper bigger holed mesh. Temps are usually 66-68 at night.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, really, he is actually moving his injured leg now? Well, be cautious about letting him
move too much so he doesn't reinjure it in the case it is still hurt.
How is his appetite doing?
They are very picky with their foods but keep trying with his vegetation, etc & hopefully he
will eventually eat more greens & squash.
I am assuming that your dragons are housed separately?

Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Drache613":uanhfvlk said:
Hello,

Wow, really, he is actually moving his injured leg now? Well, be cautious about letting him
move too much so he doesn't reinjure it in the case it is still hurt.
How is his appetite doing?
They are very picky with their foods but keep trying with his vegetation, etc & hopefully he
will eventually eat more greens & squash.
I am assuming that your dragons are housed separately?

Tracie
He is was dragging now its moving an supporting. But can still notice its laggy. His appetite is very good. Seems like worms an hasn't been very interested in crickets this week. Its weird only one of my dragons will eat squash ?. They are separately. I learned my listen with housing together. Had a female an a male housed together as babies. Started fighting when they got to be a year old. Then female would hide an laid 12 eggs. Being a beginner at the time was told they were both females.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is starting to support his leg but it will probably be a bit slow for his
recovery but good news he is using it.
So, he wont eat any greens or veggies like your other dragon?
I'm happy to hear your dragons are housed separately then, there are a lot of accidents
that can happen when housing together.

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Drache613":2gr0c5ly said:
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is starting to support his leg but it will probably be a bit slow for his
recovery but good news he is using it.
So, he wont eat any greens or veggies like your other dragon?
I'm happy to hear your dragons are housed separately then, there are a lot of accidents
that can happen when housing together.

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie
His leg seems 100% better. Maybe was the new reptisun t5 unsure. He's running back an forth an back legs are doing well. Currently shedding but still seems aggressive with mouth opening. I was cleaning his tank other day. Bit my finger an drew alittle blood. Nothing to worry about like with a dog or cat bite?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Mouth open? Is he under his basking light w/ his mouth open? That would be gaping?

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":kedikbsc said:
Mouth open? Is he under his basking light w/ his mouth open? That would be gaping?
He does that but basking temps are 105. But he opens his mouth when a hand comes near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom