Nose plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarac

Hi everyone. I have been posting here a lot about Lemon and her respiratory distress. I’m curious if you guys think this is a nose plug. It seems like her nose shuts every time she gasps. I’ll attach a vid and a few pics because the vid is low quality. I think her nose looks shut from the shed, but maybe not. Let me know what you think.
110010-2076708074.jpg
110010-2851562794.jpg
110010-6576759904.jpg
110010-7807590612.jpg

The timeline is: I noticed the breathing on December 28, she shed January 10, and now it is still going on except much more often than it was December 28th

https://youtu.be/oDPz7l1r9IM

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She's definitely got a plugged nose-- are both sides plugged or one? Ahbd or Tracie are gonna haft to help you out on this one
Karrie

sarac

Original Poster
110010-7807590612.jpg

If you think that this is a plugged nose, then yes both sides. I have a vet appointment tomorrow. Can they help with that?

She might have both a plugged nose and an RI since this started before the shed. Not sure.

sarac

Original Poster
Oh lol sorry I attached the wrong picture. But basically if all of those pictures look like her nose is plugged then yes. Because the first picture is her right side and the next few pics are the left side, which was in the video.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sara you can try using your fingernail to very gently + lightly run it over the shed and it might come off.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing, has the nose plug situation looking any better?
I hope he is breathing better & that his nostrils are clearing out. Let us know how he
is doing.

Tracie

sarac

Original Poster
Hi Tracie. I don’t think either side has cleared up. She was put on Ceftazidime and Ponazuril. She is doing pretty well on the meds. Her appetite has been low since before the meds because of our move. It’s been stressful for her. Otherwise she is not lethargic and everything else is fine. The vet soaked her and asked me to do so as well, but I’m a little afraid considering she already has respiratory issues. I may just wet her nose and also let her drink water from her snout. She eats the reptaboost fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom