Arm concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Hello I noticed ziggy front arms look fat to me like gout maybe? I’m very concerned she might have it although I can squeeze her front arms without her getting mad or pulling away which seems good. Is she normal and I’m looking way to far into things? I’m very concerned
108349-3702803995.jpg
108349-7872514552.jpg
108349-5666474565.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She looks like the rest of them -- its called pop eye arms -- if shes not pulling away or anything then they arent hurting - usually if its gout the claws and foot are swollen as well not just the arm itself
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1a1gx0te said:
She looks like the rest of them -- its called pop eye arms -- if shes not pulling away or anything then they arent hurting - usually if its gout the claws and foot are swollen as well not just the arm itself
Karrie
Ok thank god! I know gout is caused by too much protein I’m starting her back up on 1” dubias how many should I give her she’s 15 months?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1z88gmwy said:
Feed her as many as she will eat-- is she eating salads?
Kind of she’s picky with veggies she loves kale but I read it shouldn’t be a staple as it binds calcium I guess so I’m going to start giving her collards I think. Does she look over weight?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Kale is a excellent staple-- it's better than the other greens-- I will post a nutrition website for you-- post a whole body pic of her please

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":b876iwi6 said:
Kale is a excellent staple-- it's better than the other greens-- I will post a nutrition website for you-- post a whole body pic of her please
108349-4141250090.jpg
108349-840373743.jpg
108349-3191057579.jpg

Oh ok that’s funny so I should keep feeding her kale?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
108349-4696115707.jpg
Maddy5150":1sdo0sxh said:
KarrieRee":1sdo0sxh said:
108349-4141250090.jpg
108349-840373743.jpg
108349-3191057579.jpg

Oh ok that’s funny so I should keep feeding her kale?
Here’s another picture

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":29gxuape said:
Yes on the kale- she looks good--
Ok awesome! One more thing. She’s 15 months I have a new feeding schedule in mind can I have your input? Leafy greens 7 days a week, insects 6 days a week, other kinds of vegetables 4 days a week, vitamin powder 1 day a week, calcium powder 3 days a week, and fruit 1 day a week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would cut the protein down to 2-3 times per week now since shes over a year old - calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus should be used if your using a T 5 bulb for a UVB 3 times per week and calcium w/ D3 should only be used 2 times per week - since shes eating her veggies like a champ the vitamins can be limited - shes going to get her nutrients thru them --as far as the veggies I would mix them like collards/turnip or kale / collards or kale/mustard etc add in some squash and I would give fruit once a week like your said - a mixture of salad material is good -- here is a website and you can go from there
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder
Karrie

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":jsjhvnxb said:
I would cut the protein down to 2-3 times per week now since shes over a year old - calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus should be used if your using a T 5 bulb for a UVB 3 times per week and calcium w/ D3 should only be used 2 times per week - since shes eating her veggies like a champ the vitamins can be limited - shes going to get her nutrients thru them --as far as the veggies I would mix them like collards/turnip or kale / collards or kale/mustard etc add in some squash and I would give fruit once a week like your said - a mixture of salad material is good -- here is a website and you can go from there
Karrie
Oh geez I didn’t know that the T5 bulb didn’t need D3 I’ve been giving her D3 with it 5 times a week. So I should do 3 days without D3 and 2 days with D3 but bugs only 3 times a week?

Maddy5150

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Maddy5150":1zswx7t3 said:
KarrieRee":1zswx7t3 said:
Karrie
Oh geez I didn’t know that the T5 bulb didn’t need D3 I’ve been giving her D3 with it 5 times a week. So I should do 3 days without D3 and 2 days with D3 but bugs only 3 times a week?
And for powders I use repti calcium with D3 and flukers with our D3 when she had a MVB are those ok? And still giving calcium 5 times a week?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No you were good giving the D3 that is fine - but since shes over a year old now you dont need to give the D3 as often --- so alternating the two of them will be fine but I would dust the insects cuz you know she will eat them --- yes the on the supplements and bugs question -- T 5's are stronger than the T 8's that is why I asked about the UVB --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom