Swelling by nose help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
110278-4115450801.jpg
110278-6160569372.jpg
my beardie named Lizard has just developed 2 bumps on his head they are soft to the touch but he does not like it very well. He is currently battling a RI and i wasnt sure if maybe that was part of it. As soon as his nose started to crust up they formed. I can't get in to see a vet for almost a week

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb coil or tube? How close is the basking bulb? We need AHBD and or Tracie to take a look --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the 75 watt bulb is the basking bulb--- what uvb are you using please
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is a coil correct? Please get rid of it-- these bulbs cause alot of eye issues -- you need this for your UVB please order this ASAP-- for a 40 + gallon tank
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24" hood this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb - hang onto it for a back up -- you need to order this bulb
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Please order ASAP these hoods and bulbs sell out quickly these people are good and fast --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good deal Tracie usually responds late at night- please post when your uvb gets there I will help you get it set up distance and placement is key
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like possible shedding, perhaps. Are you referring to the puffiness on the snout,
correct?
As Karrie suggested, try to upgrade your UVB light. What type of basking light are you
using, a bright white light or a colored light? Oh so you have already ordered a new UVB
light or a UVB hood?

Tracie

Beardiemomma16

Original Poster
The basking light is bright white and yes I have a hood and uvb on the way and yes the puffiness on the snout is what I was talking about. I just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom