“Sunburned” beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help.

My bearded dragon looks like what my partner and I believe is a “sunburn”. He has been sitting under his heat lamp all day on his basking rock and it is typically 95-97 degrees. He basks a lot and loves his rock we got him a few weeks ago but we noticed this huge red spot on his back and part of his neck and are concerned about it. Can bearded dragons get sunburns? How can we help him heal from this? Could this be something else? Should we take him to the vet? Help ?.

Thanks in Advance!
- BeardieMom112020

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd keep an eye on it but it looks like a shedding pattern to me. if that's the case, then the color will likely turn lighter and the area will eventually shed off and go back to a normal tone/color.

If you want to post photos directly to your thread, you can upload them here: https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them using the XIMG button.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, it just looks like shedding to me.

If you have already uploaded your picture to a site, you can just copy the URL for the Image (right click image and click copy img url) And then paste it inbetween IMG brackets like this:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/5ujVCLd.jpeg[/img]
And it will show up as this:
5ujVCLd.jpeg

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Seeing as the head and legs look like they’re about to shed, and I’ve seen similar stuff on my shedding beardie’s backs, I think it’s just pre shed. I’d keep an eye on it just to be safe, but overall I think you don’t have to worry. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HippieLizards":3spec4nu said:
Seeing as the head and legs look like they’re about to shed, and I’ve seen similar stuff on my shedding beardie’s backs, I think it’s just pre shed. I’d keep an eye on it just to be safe, but overall I think you don’t have to worry. :)

Yep. Nearing a head shed.

Might take a month or more before the shed comes away. My Cleo has been shedding for over a month in dribs and drabs on her head.
In fact I have two adults , Cleo and Caesar who have both been in shed since before Xmas , a bit here , a bit there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom