Tail rot or natural coloring?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Tail rot or natural coloring?

Postby MothmansMommy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:25 pm

So my beardie just got done with a tail shed. I got him last week so I’m not really sure what his normal is, I’m also a new reptile parent. I have a wellness vet check set up for him but it’s not until feb. 11th. I got some betadine just in case but what are you guys thoughts?[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
MothmansMommy
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Tail rot or natural coloring?

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Looks like natural coloring to me. :)

Maybe it’s pre shed, like the skin turns a milky color a week or two prior to shedding.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby MothmansMommy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:31 pm

HippieLizards wrote:Looks like natural coloring to me. :)

Maybe it’s pre shed, like the skin turns a milky color a week or two prior to shedding.

He was peeling but I think it finished cause it started at the base and I found a piece perfect shaped like the tip of his tail. Does the discoloration from shedding last until after?
MothmansMommy
Newbie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:38 pm

It can, it depends on your dragon and their shedding patterns, my crew all have different shedding patterns usually so it varies from lizard to lizard. :)
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER