Supplement dusting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

Hello- I'm getting a juvenile beardie soon and I'll be feeding a mix of dubia roaches and black soldier fly larvae. I know I don't need to dust the BSFL with calcium but what about the roaches? Should I dust half of the roaches I feed? And for the multivitamin I'd still do 4-5x a week. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding - dust the insects -- the calcium w/ D3 5 x per week once per feeding - dust the all the roaches -- what kind of UVB are you using?
Karrie

natnat

Original Poster
Thanks, I'm using a reptisun 10.0 T5 HO. I thought for the repcal multivitamin for a juvenile it would be 4-5 x per week but I could be wrong? And just dusting the roaches with the repcal calcium should be fine?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You will need to start w/ calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus at around the age of 1 or so -- he will not need the D3 5 x per week then since you are using the T 5 bulb -- you can use the D3 two times per week and then w/ out D3 3 times per week - if your dragon is eating alot of his salads you would not need to use the vitamin then as well --- if your dragon does not eat a lot of veggies then I would continue w/ the vitamins 2 x per week - I have been told the vitamins 2 x per week and dusting the roaches only is fine -

c5johnson

So I just got a beardie, and I have a question regarding the supplements. He’s approximately 8 months old, and I got him from the Animal Rescue League.

I know the Calcium is supposed to be given 3-5x/week, and the multivitamin should be given 1-2x/week. However, the directions on the containers say they should be dusted together. I have also read to give them on alternate days. Which advice should I follow?

I have a 24” Reptisun 10.0 T5 light, I know it’s been mentioned that has an impact on the frequency of supplements.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I dont know about dusting them together - just to be on the precautionary side I would not dust together- that way your avoiding mishaps unless some one tells you different like your vet or some one w/ more experience -- are the vitamins and calcium the same brand? And yes the T 5 is a stronger bulb and helps absorb the calcium - you can always PM Tracie (Drache613) on here and ask she is the vet tech mod and she could answer more of those questions better than I
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom