Blanket on basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I’ve just replaced some of my substrate (wood chips) that my beardie liked to move around and get comfy in to sleep on. It’s now laminate flooring and he no longer wants to sleep there and is pretty grumpy about it. I was thinking of putting a small blanket or small towel where he likes to sleep for comfort and softness, but it is directly under his basking spot. Would a blanket be a fire hazard? My basking spot is roughly 42 degrees Celsius. Just worry about it getting to hot and catching fire, what do you guys think?

Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It won't be a fire hazard unless it comes into contact with the bulb. Unless your basking temp gets to around 250c, you don't need to worry about it (assuming your blanket is cotton - cottons ignition temperature is over 250c) :mrgreen:

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that it shouldn't be a problem. I have fleece blankets down over the floor under each of my basking spots and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom