Hasn’t pooped in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

FU3GO

My adult bearded dragon hasn’t pooped in a month and I’m freaking out. After about 10 days I’ve been giving him daily baths, messages, olive oil, apple sauce, etc. He’s in a 120 gallon tank. I have no lose substrates in his cage. His basking spot is 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit. UVB is a good distance away. He’s active. Last time I offered food he ate some. I don’t feel any object in his stomach. And I can’t take him to the vet because my parents won’t take me. (Would have to prove he was seriously ill for them to take me but I heard beardies are really good at hiding discomfort) need advice!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so where is it at? And what bulb a T 5 or a T 8? These tubes have different placements- if it's a T 8 it has to be inside the tank - depending on your screen the T 5 has options
Karrie

FU3GO

Original Poster
its on the top of the cage and it is a compact (saving for the bigger one) it doesn't say if it's t5 or t8 on the box the bulb or online.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Can you post a pic if it please I have an idea of what your using but I need to be sure
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so yes that is what I was thinking and you want to get rid of it- its a coil only they have them going sideways instead of up and down now --- NO good! Please replace w/ this ASAP -- your tank is a 40 gallon + correct? https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24" fixture --- it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up you need this bulb
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Please get this replaced ASAP this place sales out of these fixtures and bulb very quick-- they are good and fast -- when you get the UVB let me know I will help you place it --- placement and distance is crucial
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's a compact. How far above the basking area do you have it? It will be good to replace it with a 24'' T5 when you can (I know you mentioned you are saving for it, that's great) but in the meantime I would try to get the best you can out of this compact. It should sit about 8'' or so above the main basking area. You can raise the basking area or arrange a branch etc. to allow closer access to the bulb if he wants.

It's a good sign that he is alert and active. What has he been eating? If you drip water on his nose, does he lick it up? Offering a bit of extra hydration (if he wants it) may help move things along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom