Hello from Jim and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave93245

Hello I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and Jim the dragon. We are new to this forum and are very happy to find such a good source of info and stories about Jim's cousins out there in the world. To start Jim is about 4 months old and 14 inches long, growing like a weed, Jim is my first Beardie and I admit I got him on a whim with little knowledge about proper care, fortunately I spent a lot of time on you tube and other forums researching after I spent too much at petsmart on all the wrong stuff. Moving forward I have corrected the early mistakes and Jim now lives in a 100 gal aquarium with a nice mercury vapor basking light as well as a 32 inch t5 reptisun10, 2 ceramic heaters for night time and a couple of other lights so he has a nice controlled temperature hot on one side cooler on the other. I have been lucky with food he eats mostly Dubia roaches, some crickets a nice salad with lots of greens and the occasional horn worm as a treat and yes he gets plenty of calcium. Over all Jim is healthy, happy and we have finally developed a good relationship he was a little aggressive early on but has come to understand that when I come to see him he will get treats and now we are beast friends. So again hello everyone and thanks for setting up such a nice place to talk about our beardies.
110261-5917535494.jpg
110261-984953363.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum Jim and Dave---- it sounds like you have a nice set up for him --- if you have any questions please ask
Karrie

dave93245

Original Poster
I thought I would add a couple of pictures one from when he was about 1 month old and one from a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe how fast he has grown, started at 5 inches and 4 months later he is 16 inches and 280g a little chubby maybe? been lowering his bug intake a little bit and he is eating greens everyday now.
110261-7165114186.jpg
110261-9924276317.jpg
110261-1947266176.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom