Safe Trees And Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning! Gryphon loves the Christmas tree. Every time I turn my back he's climbing into it. He will sit in it for hours if I let him. Obviously I can't leave the tree up forever so I googled safe indoor trees and plants for bearded dragon. All I saw was conflicting advice. One site said conifers and succulents are safe then the next site said they are toxic. The only plant all sites agreed is safe is aloe vera but it's not big enough for Gryph to climb. Any suggestions for safe potted trees he can climb in the living room and large plants I can put in his viv?

chumon

Beardie name(s)
Scooter
Awwww thats adorable! I too would love to know some more about this. I saw someone post a link to the nutritional page which has a lot of safe plants, but not many of them climbable. I was also wondering about succulents and jade trees as I have seen the same conflicting info that you spoke of. I used to have a fake jade tree in mine's enclosure which she used to love sitting in as a baby, but now shes not only too big but started EATING the plastic leaves! XD So I had to take it out. I would love to give her something she can nibble on without anything bad happening, but that might also be sturdy enough for her to climb.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Awwww thats adorable! I too would love to know some more about this. I saw someone post a link to the nutritional page which has a lot of safe plants, but not many of them climbable. I was also wondering about succulents and jade trees as I have seen the same conflicting info that you spoke of. I used to have a fake jade tree in mine's enclosure which she used to love sitting in as a baby, but now shes not only too big but started EATING the plastic leave! XD So I had to take it out. I would love to give her something he can nibble on without anything bad happening, but that might also be sturdy enough for her to climb.
@AHBD
@Drache613

chumon

Beardie name(s)
Scooter
Its also worth noting I've heard the Elephant jade aka portulacaria afra is safe, is this true? If so I think they would be a good pick for sturdyness sake.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I used to have large outdoor cages with 2-3 hibiscus plants. My beardies ate the flowers and enjoyed climbing around in them. Most plants that are safe for chameleons are also safe for beardies because chams. will eat leaves as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom