Pet Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the big deal about getting a beardie from pet smart? I have read some things here saying that pet smart is bad, but why?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Box stores sell dragons that are ill - they come from all kinds of breeders that have no clue as to how to take care of them or the breeding they do -- it is strictly and money maker -- you can get some dragons from them that are healthy but at the store you really cant tell -- unless they are already so ill they cant hide it - dragons are notorious for hiding their illness--- I was in Petco a while back and there was a little dragon in there that you could tell he was sick and more than likely did not make it - from what I understand when they come in ill or get ill in the care of the pet store they are usually put in the back to die -- this I have heard from employees at the pet store -- some others on here can chime in on this topic as well
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Pet store employees don’t even give them the proper lighting. I kid you not I saw the beardies at petco being kept at room temperature in the entire tank because there were no heat bulbs. The uvb was in the plastic container with the plastic over the bulb so they were getting no lighting. Plus there were crickets hopping around and crawling on the sleeping beardies. The babies looked so sick and malnourished. I know someone who got a beardie from petco and it isn’t even that attractive looking as an adult because of inbreeding. She wobbles when she walks and has a short tail from genetics.

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
On top of what’s already mentioned, Petsmart and Petco both get their animals from prt mills. Which is also why so many of their reptiles are sick/die easily. I don’t like PETA, but if there’s one thing I will grudgingly concede they are good at, it’s exposing pet mills. If you can stomach severe abuse and neglect, look up their footage of Reptiles By Mack, which is Petsmart’s largest supplier even after the exposition if I’m not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom