New Juvenile Won't Eat Already Went To Vet HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitneys87

Hi. My son got his first Dragon 2 weeks ago from Petsmart (I know now it was a bad idea from there ). The first three days she ate a few crickets then she stopped eating those and I tried a few wax worms. She ate 2. Has not ate since. At Day 5 without eating we went to the vet who said she was to young to do blood work or anything. She did say her heart and lungs sounded good. Sent us home with a dewormer and some critical care liquid food. Some days she'll take a few drops, maybe reaching an ml for the whole day. I'm doing electrolyte baths every other day. Has ZERO interest in food or any type of veggies. Very inactive, doesn't really move alot. If she does move it's in the mornings but slowly just gets more and more fatigued. The vet did tell us they had treated her for Mouth rot and a URI before we got her but she was better from that. She about 5 wks old. Her temp in her basking area stays about 95-100 I tried a hotter lamp to get it to 110 but she moves away if I do that, she has a UVB also and I got a ceramic heat source for night to keep her at 80/85. She refuses water except for in the bath. Sometimes she'll take a drink there. I don't know what else to do. Tried baby food.... EVERYTHING. SHE JUST WONT EAT OR DRINK. Vet says nothing else they can do. Any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It has everything to do w/ correct basking temps and UVB --- first you need to get basking temps to 105-110 for a baby juvies /adult 95-110 -- taken w a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons -- next the UVB needs to a long tube NO COILS ----fixture like this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html a 22" bulb --- you need to order this ASAP these fixtures sell out very fast this is my go to place they are fast and good!! Your dragon will not eat if this is not corrected --- these two things I just mentioned are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS in the tank!! I cannot stress this enough --- when you get this please let me know I will help you get it placed
Karrie

It might be because pet smart doesn't really feed them greens, so it doesn't know what it is. I got my bearded dragon from pet smart too, and when he was little he didn't want to eat greens at all. We got him to eat greens by figuring out what he likes from giving him a variety of greens to pick from or moving it around to make it alive so he would lick it to see what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom