Does Your Dragon Sleep With Bad Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi there,

Just curious to see if anyone's dragon hides when it's raining? This is the third time I've noticed that when we have a storm Drogon hides all day xD big baby.

Also, has anyone used ben-bac probiotic gel to help kickstart an appetite? I've given Drogon a few doses but he's still meh with food. He's been awake from brumation for about a month and a half, so I'm wondering if it's time for a vet visit.

See more here:https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=257573

Thanks for the advice and discussion :)
Selkie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin tends to be a bit less active on cloudy days now that I think of it. He really enjoys days when the sun comes through the living room window and lets him bask on the floor.

As for the bene-bac, I've never used it as an appetite stimulant. It's not likely to do harm to try, though be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling it (and handling poop) because it contains a strain of bacteria that may be harmful to humans.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
CooperDragon":96r1zc5h said:
Darwin tends to be a bit less active on cloudy days now that I think of it. He really enjoys days when the sun comes through the living room window and lets him bask on the floor.

As for the bene-bac, I've never used it as an appetite stimulant. It's not likely to do harm to try, though be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling it (and handling poop) because it contains a strain of bacteria that may be harmful to humans.

Yeah, I think you've helped out before with my beardie issues regarding his lack of appetite. He's just still not into his food, only has a few bugs every other day. But he's still super active and cuddly, so I'm not sure if a vet visit is needed yet.

Selkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom