Bearded dragon got sucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Drache613":35hoafi1 said:
Hello,

I'm glad to hear that he is hanging in there. You mentioned that he was putting weight on
his leg but still wasn't moving. How is it looking, has the color changed on it?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
He is supporting himself with the leg. But still seems aggressive since this happen. Will notice in today's pic. Tried get a close up on his bad leg. Color hasn't changed in the leg. Not sure what to look for with a broken leg in a reptile. Bruising or any swelling. With these both aren't showing. Found a product online that I ordered help if pain is involved. Its called Serrapeptase just waiting for it to ship currently. Plus new bulb an platform so I can get this branch out of there. I used to put both in a cricket keeper large size. But he seemed aggressive towards his sister. So going to do it separately after today. Here's a photo I just took. Hopefully can see leg really hasn't changed.
full

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Hello,

Noticed today the right rear leg is twice the size as the left? And with 97-99 basking temps is that good?
full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It appears his leg definitely was bruised, hopefully not broken! Is he able to put weight on
the leg at all, or is he avoiding using it?
Is he able to stay warm enough with his basking, were you able to get his lighting adjusted
for him also?
Serrapeptase is a great product, where did you order it from?

Keep us posted on him, I hope that he is going to recover.

Tracie

Dude just take it to the vet, stop talking about the setup of the cage and whatever and take it to the vet. Seems like you don't care about your pet if you refuse to take it to the vet. No wonder it's mad at you, you sucked it up in a vacuum.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
Drache613":bh5xcx3p said:
Hello,

It appears his leg definitely was bruised, hopefully not broken! Is he able to put weight on
the leg at all, or is he avoiding using it?
Is he able to stay warm enough with his basking, were you able to get his lighting adjusted
for him also?
Serrapeptase is a great product, where did you order it from?

Keep us posted on him, I hope that he is going to recover.

Tracie
He is avoiding to use the leg. Still getting lighting adjusted. Basking temps are 90ish now. Not understanding the change with brand with a 100watt bulb. I ordered it from beardeddragon.co. also he had a very strange stool today. Never seen this before? Could his organs be shutting down. I took a pic before I cleaned it.
full

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tcugidr said:
Do you have him housed w/ another dragon?
Karrie
Hes housed in a 20 gal by himself. Other is in a 20 gal by herself. Have another in a 40gal breeder. But don't know sex of that one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok good - you will haft to upgrade all your tanks- are you using coils for UVB's? Is it just him being aggressive? Lighting and basking temps control the behavior if it's just him he might be in pain causing aggressiveness
Karrie

Feetlover01

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2f7zjzuk said:
Ok good - you will haft to upgrade all your tanks- are you using coils for UVB's? Is it just him being aggressive? Lighting and basking temps control the behavior if it's just him he might be in pain causing aggressiveness
Karrie
I have all the tanks. Just to small currently for the zen habitats I have to build still. I use a 100watt Megaray on the 40 gal breeder. An reptisun 10s t8's on the 20gals. Thinking it could be his leg causing the aggressiveness. He never was like this before this happen. Other two just like me to chase them around the tank. When its cleaning or feeding time. I only feed greens/veggies an worms in tanks. Crickets I do in critter keeper. Had a bad experience with free roaming crickets. My other two dragons are doing very good. Very active an good eaters. I'll post a photo of the other one. Just need upload it.
full

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
bossdragon":1fbg3oks said:
Dude just take it to the vet, stop talking about the setup of the cage and whatever and take it to the vet. Seems like you don't care about your pet if you refuse to take it to the vet. No wonder it's mad at you, you sucked it up in a vacuum.

It was ✨ an accident ✨. Also vets can’t do anything for broken juvenile beardie limbs just as human doctors can’t do anything if you break your toe or rib.

Feetlover01

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":czb6oasv said:
bossdragon":czb6oasv said:

It was ✨ an accident ✨. Also vets can’t do anything for broken juvenile beardie limbs just as human doctors can’t do anything if you break your toe or rib.

It 100% was. Not seeing any other problems then the leg. Getting the t5 H0 reptisun 10 for best uvb. That i know of an can't do much with freezing temps. Because the sun is best uvb for any reptile. That and is very small to be kept outside with being a prey to a predator. I had a adult beardie outside before. But was always protected. I also removing the branch an replacing it with a ramp that's 4-5 inches tall. Looking to get a reptile lamp stand so I can adjust temps. I have socket with a clamp made for reptiles. But didn't help so I stayed with clamp lamp I been using. But if I can keep heat lamp flat an maybe a inch or so in tank. Temps should get to 105. Got a area to stay at 103 basking temps. But seems to like basking on the branch with temps in 90's. An didn't know vets can't help with a broken leg in this type of reptile.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please refrain from personal attacks & instead focus on helping the OP with the current situation instead. Empathy & understanding go a long way!

Thank you,
Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
The stool doesn't look too bad, so are you talking about the grayish coloring? I don't see any
blood, correct?
Is he eating anything right now? If his entire leg is broken, they can set the leg & immobilize it
for help with it healing up. Try to keep everything easily assessable for him so he doesn't have
to work hard to bask, or get any food, etc.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom