Probiotics, beneficial to give it to her once in a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staygold

Hello everybody. I am wondering if I should get my bearded dragon a probiotic and give it to her once in awhile to keep her healthy.
If yes how often would I give it to her? And how much?
I have found two different ones online.
The first I have been looking at is the bene-bac bird and reptile but everywhere I find it, it is unavailable. I asked the local reptile store for probiotics and she had the bene-bac cat and dog gel form and said it works for reptiles and to give her half a tube once a week. Does anyone know if the cat and dog one is the same or of ot works?
The second one I found is a nature Zone probiotic and Prebiotic and I'm wondering if anybody knows if this one is any good either. Nature Zone also has probiotic and colour, and probiotic and electrolyte. But I thought the probiotic and Prebiotic would probably be best.

Any input anybody has on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Have a good day!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think it would be harmful to offer it, but it isn't really necessary. Especially if they are eating well and not on any antibiotics. I avoid using benebac because it contains a strain of bacteria that can be harmful to humans. If you handle it or handle poop and wash your hands well after, it shouldn't pose a problem though. I don't provide probiotics on a regular basis. If you do decide to offer some, then non dairy soy based yogurt works. You can also get some Reptophilus from here https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Reptophilus

Staygold

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ysjbfgm said:
I don't think it would be harmful to offer it, but it isn't really necessary. Especially if they are eating well and not on any antibiotics. I avoid using benebac because it contains a strain of bacteria that can be harmful to humans. If you handle it or handle poop and wash your hands well after, it shouldn't pose a problem though. I don't provide probiotics on a regular basis. If you do decide to offer some, then non dairy soy based yogurt works. You can also get some Reptophilus from here https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Reptophilus
Okay. Thank you so much for the information. The yogurt sounds like the least expensive option. But I will also look look into the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom