New juvenile dragon owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanastar421

[/img][/img]
110238-4273259989.jpg
110238-4437130410.jpg
this is what my tank is right now..So I bought two juvenile bearded dragons from pet supply 12 days ago I only bought one then got sad n went to get the other one not knowing they don’t like partners I have a 36 gallon tank right now with the right heat bulb n uvb light n a theoremother for heat and humidity. They eat and poop fine and drink water but a few days ago my smaller one ryuu was on my chest n seen my boyfriend coming down the hall and got scared and jumped off and her head look like it was stuck for a few seconds but she was ok I rubbed her for a little and put her back she was looking up for awhile but was fine after still eating n pooping and being active and basking. But she does still look up a lot but doesn’t seem to have any swollen limbs or any bleeding or anything wrong and my other dragon bakuu is fine to but yesterday morning I woke up at 8 am n seen the heat light was turned off and was really cold with the window open n fan blowing I seen ryuu laying on the boat in the tank really dark n was like froze to it kinda so I grabbed heating pad and put her on it she was alright and I took baku out to n let them sit on there until the tank was back to regular temperature and it was but their doing this looking up breathing thing not a lot but frequently now and recently this morning it was 60• n humidity was 51 again ryuu still eating n I gave them both water n their okay as far as I can tell I know this is a lot . And I am working on getting another tank to separate them but they haven’t fought or anything negative like that only problem is stacking it but they do it for a few seconds then both chill together then lick each other to n sleep together any reply helps tho? :) / and ryuu recently shedded n they both scratch kinda frequent so idk if there ready for another shedding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get them separated ASAP--- dragons should NOT be housed together --- at all!! Please get rid of the red light colored bulbs hurt their eyes and can cause long term eye damage ---- you are going to need two long tube fixtures for a UVB NO coils--- they are inadequate and you will need bigger tanks - I think you said 36 gallon tank -- that will not be big enough here soon --- 40 is minimum 75-120 is optimal --- you need digital probe thermometers for accurate basking temps -- stick ons are not accurate --- the humidity is fine you dont want it above 70% -- the basking temps and UVB is the MOST IMPORTANT things in the tanks -- it controls behavior and over all health for the dragon- if you need more help please ask -- as long as your little guy / gal is eating basking and pooping he should be fine - keep an eye on the behavior -- no black bearding if he/ she is there is a issue
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom