Weird eye behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
For those of you who don’t know us we have 6 month old female named Freyja. Lately she has been closing one of the other eyes for a few days now while basking she has never done this and I have a 1600 lumen halogen flood light for basking and 10.0 T5 reptisun inside tank. Do I need to worry I am not sure why she is doing this to get the temps I need I have the bulb on mesh, I do not like pulling lid off due to other animals etc. is this normal I have heard of them closing there eyes but it is just one at a time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes its normal behavior-- my oldest does it sitting under his UVB all the time
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I just read that they do it when have parasites too? Her stool has been getting runny too so I’ve ordered a fecal test do you know where I can send it? But that also could be because all I’ve had are crickets and she doesn’t care for them so she hasn’t ate much just a lot of greens. I’m sure she is fine I just want to know. I have bsfl and dubia in the way. So I’ll see how well she eats tomorrow when they get here. Thank you for your response I already feel better but do you know of anywhere I buy and or send a test to be examined?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tracie will know --- PM her Drache613 username on the board - click on her name her profile will come up on the left side of page --- ask her she can help you about the fecal
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you a friend sent me to a link for a $30 dollar mail in test so if I don’t hear back I’ll do that

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you needing an adenovirus test, or testing for worms/parasites, etc?
Have you posted pictures of your tank setup so we can see your lighting placement?
Sorry, I guess your message didn't go through to my inbox here.
Let me know if you have more questions.

Tracie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
That’s ok and yeah I’ll post pics when I get home and I’m not sure I just know I had to buy crix from places I normally don’t these last few months and now she won’t eat crickets and has been acting real funny. Runny stool hard yellow urate. I dropped down my calcium supplements due to the yellow have been syringe feeding water due to the hard urate. She went from having a huge appetite too eating only cricket at a time. I finally got her dubia again and she doesn’t eat many of those either.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
109225-7650998723.jpg

I just recently put it like this I did have the uvb on top oof screen and karrie advised I get the decor in there now from PetSmart but I put it on it side instead of putting in normal and having the uvb on top still.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As long as the decor piece is directly under the UVB approx 12-15 inches for the T 5 and no obstruction you should be good --- you dont want any covers or screens blocking the UVB rays --- not sure if the UVB will clear up the stool thing but its gonna help --- where did you get your crickets from and where did you get the dubias from? I can give you some websites for the dubias maybe the crickets if they carry them have never looked and the supplier is a good one
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah uvb is 10 inches and 12 in some I usually get dubiaroaches.com and symtonbsfl.com for bsfl. The crickets came from Georgia premiumcrickets.com and I even had to get petco crix at one point that’s what I really worry about when they opened the bin it was like 1000’s of dead in bin. I wonder though should I put the decor upright like you have it and put uvb back on the mesh so she can really get a better gradient out of it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Where does she sit to bask? And where is the basking light? All I can see is the UVB --- the long bridge I would move over toward your platform unless she is using it to sit under the UVB --- the decor piece I would leave it laying down like you have it so she gets the heat gradient if the basking light is over it---- the dubiaroaches.com is good along w/ the symtonbsf as well - the Georgia place and the Petco crickets is that the place that had the 1000 dead?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom