Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeghanL

Hello I am Meghan and this is my dragon Puff. She is almost 3 and I have had her most of her life. How old is your dragon? She is in a 40 gallon tank with a carpet, lots of cork to climb on, fresh water and food, I have a 150W heat bulb and an 18 inch UVB light bar tube on her cage. I change my UVB light every 6 months and I now have a ZooMed T10, my current bulb is about 1.5 months old. In my early days of having Puff I noticed her appetite was not very good and she wasn’t very active so I got her vet care and medicine because the UVB light I has was not real it was from a bad seller online. Luckily she has grown and gained a ton of strength however her tail is crooked and her beak is underbite because she didn’t have proper lighting before I got her and until I noticed she wasn’t eating right I got her from someone who was a first time hatcher and I now know that in the future I will purchase from reputable breeders.
I feed crickets and superworms, occasionally mealworms or Nubia roaches. She gets bugs 2 times a week and she gets fresh greens daily. Her preference is curly mustard greens, collard greens and Romaine. I have not had much luck with the dusting powders so I normally gutload crickets with a calcium containing supplement. My dragon does have regular bowel movements and I do mist her frequently. I don’t bathe her super often because it seems to stress her out but whenever she needs it for shedding reasons I do bathe her but she isn’t a fan. I am open to suggestions if anyone experienced has any recommendations

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome Puff- where is the UVB? And it's a T 5-- these bulbs the T 8 and T 5 have certain placement and distance- the screen on your tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? We will.start there as that and basking temps are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS in the tank
Karrie

MeghanL

Original Poster
The UVB is on top of a wide mesh screen, it is very sturdy but the holes are bigger, not like screen material. The light is about 9-10 inches from the highest basking point

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok the T 8 needs to go into the tank- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen and the screen is blocking 30% of those rays- you can upgrade to a T 5 if you wanted to and then keep your uvb on top- but for now I would get the T 8 in the tank w/ no clear plastic cover over the bulb if there is one - basking decor needs to be 6-8 inches directly underneath
If you need ways to hang I can post some for you
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom