Only right lung is moving when breathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjette

Hey everyone,

Dimitri has been sick from the day I got him. Had a real bad respiratory infection, start of MBD, and little to no appetite. The doc suggests I feed him baby food by syringe for the next three weeks, which has been working quite well. He is finally looking healthy.

Until I noticed the last day or so whenever he breathes only his right side moves. It also looks bigger in general on his right side. What could this be? Another respiratory infection?

I’ll try to link a video below.

https://imgur.com/gallery/z71uZpn (he’s currently shedding, and he still had some baby food on his nose ;)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Awe hes a baby ---- we need Tracie and AHBD to help w/ this
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a little one! I love his colors, also.
How long has he been breathing with only one lung going in & out?
Could his left nostril be clogged from shedding possibly?
It could potentially be another respiratory infection. Did you medicate him initially for the
first respiratory infection?
Sometimes they become stressed & don't breathe normally when stressed. Is he exhibiting
any other symptoms of a respiratory infection right now, or not?
If you do suspect respiratory distress right now, I would recommend keeping his tank a bit
warmer overnight. Usually around 75-80 is perfectly fine. You could cut down on the baths,
to decrease any chances of making the respiratory infection worse.
He is not eating anything right now? Continue with the baby food so that he will get the proper
nutrition if he isn't eating on his own.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

tjette

Original Poster
Drache613":31ixbwi1 said:
Hello,

He is a little one! I love his colors, also.
How long has he been breathing with only one lung going in & out?
Could his left nostril be clogged from shedding possibly?
It could potentially be another respiratory infection. Did you medicate him initially for the
first respiratory infection?
Sometimes they become stressed & don't breathe normally when stressed. Is he exhibiting
any other symptoms of a respiratory infection right now, or not?
If you do suspect respiratory distress right now, I would recommend keeping his tank a bit
warmer overnight. Usually around 75-80 is perfectly fine. You could cut down on the baths,
to decrease any chances of making the respiratory infection worse.
He is not eating anything right now? Continue with the baby food so that he will get the proper
nutrition if he isn't eating on his own.

Tracie

Hey Tracie, not sure if you remember but we actually chatted back and forth about this little guy before/around christmas! He is eating 1cc baby food 3 times daily as well as silkworms when he wants them. He is still have trouble walking but is much more alert and not nearly as bad as he was a few weeks ago. The swelling in his joints does not seem to be progressing much.

I dont think his nostril is clogged, and it has only been a few days since I noticed the abnormal breathing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
Yes, I think I do remember you & your little one. Sorry he is having some trouble.
How long have his joints been swelling, just a few weeks? Too much antibiotic use can cause
renal issues, thus possible gout development. Are you able to get more fluids into him or do
you mix up a pretty good amount of water when you give the baby food?
The silkworms are great nutritionally so definitely continue giving those for him if he really likes
them & they are high in water content, too.

Tracie

tjette

Original Poster
Drache613":3c1ok7cz said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
Yes, I think I do remember you & your little one. Sorry he is having some trouble.
How long have his joints been swelling, just a few weeks? Too much antibiotic use can cause
renal issues, thus possible gout development. Are you able to get more fluids into him or do
you mix up a pretty good amount of water when you give the baby food?
The silkworms are great nutritionally so definitely continue giving those for him if he really likes
them & they are high in water content, too.

Tracie

He seems to be getting good hydration levels, but now it seems his RI has come back yet again. He has been breathing with his mouth open a lot, and I pulled a bit of what seemed like snot out of his nose. It's a constant battle with this guy! He has a pretty good appetite again so I am just glad he's eating again. I'm thinking of getting a nebulizer for him. I've been to the vet 3-4 times already and each visit is usually like $200!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think nebulizers are highly effective for help with respiratory issues & infections, for reptiles.
Did you pull out a possible nose plug from your dragon? If their nostril is plugged up that will
often interfere with their breathing a lot.
How is your dragon doing today, is the breathing still irregular?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom