Mouth popping while bearding

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLDR; baby bearded dragon made a popping sound when trying to beard but has no symptoms of URI should I be worried or is this normal?

My lil man (we suspect man at least) is about 4/5 months old. He is currently dealing with some eyelid trauma which has us applying some ointment morning and night and monitoring it. Because of this we have noticed heightened stress from him and have witnessed him attempt to beard for the first time.

Now I knoooow bearding isn’t a good thing cause it shows stress and discomfort but it’s the cutest little thing watching him puff :lol: (I would NEVER do it intentionally tho)

Anyways back to my question.

Today I got home late and very sadly had to wake him in order to do his meds... which made him VERY MAD. When he bearded today at the very end we noticed his “lips” made a popping sound. Is this normal for babies learning how to use their beard? I tried doing a Google search and the whole internet was like “URI URI”, which we will monitor for other symptoms of... but like I said it seems like it’s his lips popping as he tries bearding and not his chest or throat or anything. He also does not have any other symptoms and his humidity never gets higher than 35, if anything we struggle keeping it above 25.

Is the pop semi-normal? Should we be worried about a URI? We are going to the vet in 4 days for his eye anyways, but should we try to get him in sooner?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of him- bearding what do you mean? Like stretching?
Karrie

sukasmomma

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3n9ycj0s said:
Please post a pic of him- bearding what do you mean? Like stretching?
Karrie

Like when he puffs up his beard - I think same as stretching.

He’s sleeping now if he does it tommorow I’ll post.

sukasmomma

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1w6tb2tw said:
And? What did they say?
Karrie

Just got the result from the vet. At first glance he seemed perfectly healthy. They did X-rays though to double check...

Turns out the goober has a bruised lung - which could be from a wide variety of things but I suspect it is from him falling from his hammock because he likes to hang off the side of it for some reason.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Those hammocks cause more injuries mainly the green plastic type- mesh I think they are- if you want to use a hammock I would invest in a cloth or fleece type- usually it's the claws that get caught in those mesh type- check out www.pamperedbeardies.com
I am sorry to hear about your little guy what did the say about him healing? Any pain meds or anything?
Karrie

sukasmomma

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1iaqlmfc said:
Those hammocks cause more injuries mainly the green plastic type- mesh I think they are- if you want to use a hammock I would invest in a cloth or fleece type- usually it's the claws that get caught in those mesh type- check out http://www.pamperedbeardies.com
I am sorry to hear about your little guy what did the say about him healing? Any pain meds or anything?
Karrie

Oh thanks for the suggestion!!!! Ours is the mesh green one ?

He’s got anti inflammatory meds and a check up in a few days

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good let us know how he's doing after his check up please- if you have any questions about his meds you can talk to Tracie she's the vet tech mod on here
Karrie

sukasmomma

Original Poster
Here’s some pics of him now that he’s home and settled in a lil. His BFSL came in the mail today and boy was he happy to scarf some down.

Please excuse the red light - we are changing his bulb tonight while he sleeps :)

109007-6167514161.jpg
109007-2263059253.jpg
109007-2755143843.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes please get rid of the colored bulb--- they can cause eye issues and disruo sleep-- I would also take the hammock out as well so he does not hurt himself any more
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom