Hi All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I joined a while back, tried to post an intro multiple times but kept getting pulled away by one thing or another. So... one more attempt before I give up.
I recently closed my pit bull rescue and then my bff since middle school came to me about a family member who was in over her head with bearded dragons. I ended up taking 5 juveniles (7 months old) and 13 babies (8 weeks old). Then guess who was in over her head....

I've homed 2 juveniles and 6 babies but I'm really picky about who gets them. I mean, I could've placed a few more but the ppl weren't good candidates at all. One person wanted one as a terrarium buddy for his frog. Another person wanted 1 juvenile and 2 of the babies... all were to be kept together in a 10 gallon tank until she could afford to purchase a 20 gallon tank. Well anyways... you get the picture. I've still got more dragons than I need and they don't all have names yet. I have a couple babies that I'm probably going to end up keeping, simply because they had health issues when I got them and they still seem to be struggling. I can't even think about rehoming the 3 juveniles we have left and I'm pretty attached to the 2 females.

I've included a handful of pictures. Some show their condition, when I first got them. Some show the difference in size out of the same clutch and I threw in a couple just because they were super cute. However, it looks like some didn't upload... lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wow- you took on alot- they are all so cute-- it's too bad the petstores aren't more picky about who they sell their dragons too as well but given their track record isn't much better
Karrie

MsGoddess2U

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1309yd7d said:
Wow- you took on alot- they are all so cute-- it's too bad the petstores aren't more picky about who they sell their dragons too as well but given their track record isn't much better
Karrie

Yah...I definitely bit off a mouth full. I saw a lot of ugly stuff rescuing the pitties and I know cruelty and stupidity knows no bounds. I've fallen in love with all of these babies and it would kill me to learn they'd been mistreated in any way. The sad thing about those pet stores is that they'll hire anyone and those ppl give out the wrong info all the time. I don't know how many times I've educated the person who's job was to assist and educate the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom