No poop before brumation - we very concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

csharp2a

This past Saturday, our Tannin was all full of energy and doing fine. She pooped in the afternoon had her dinner and was good. Sunday she was fine, had breakfast and dinner and ate normally. Even ate fruit and veggies. After dinner she was on her log and watching us, and then jumped up, ran for her cave and started brumation. She has been a sleepy girl since.

We are very concerned because she did not have a last poop after dinner on Sunday before she hit her cave. She seems fine and is shifting position every so often and will open a sleepy eye to see us for just a few seconds. We are leaving her alone.

We have read all kinds of stuff about her food rotting in her gut. Given that she had breakfast, snacks (salad and fruit), and dinner and then started brumation, we don’t want her to get sick. She is super healthy and we are OCD about her being in top shape.

We were going to wake her and give her a bath to hydrate her and try to get her to poop, but she NEVER poops in her bath.

Has anyone had this happen and how should we be handling this situation?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Too much unfounded fear about that situation. I've never determined if any of my dragons have had a final poo before brumation and never had any bad result. Others on the forum have had the same experience. She should be fine. :)

csharp2a

Original Poster
Thank you for the info. She seems to be doing well thus far but it’s only been a few days. We are nervous dragon parents lol. It’s amazing how she has changed our lives and we hope to make her happy
As the saying goes, this house is maintained for the comfort and security of our Bearded Dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom