Making treats in a weird way

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a project I started a month before taking Dio to the vet.

Ingredients I used
Crickets, grasshoppers, mealworms/superworms, bloodworms, butternut squash, dandelion greens/leaves, Repashi supplements, blueberry, tomato, squash berry/highbush cranberry (foraged), bok choy, and carrot (I think).

It's still a work in progress mixture. All ingredients need to be dry/freeze dried and ground up into a powder. This also applies to protein only and plant only versions too. In terms of foraged plants (berries), I suggest looking to see if the local birds eat them, (such as Highbush cranberry and Rowan) for ones that are toxic to humans (such as Mayday) do research on if reptiles have been also spotted eating them not just birds. (Mainly for the plant version) Add a small amount of water to make it like a dry mush and roll an amount of your choice into a pellet shape you desire. Let treats air dry for 6 or more hours.
The most redneck way I dry the plants is under a heat lamp. I use a mortar and pestle to grind up food but you can always use a blender or use your hands (if very brittle).
Have fun, and experiment with different ingredients.

I make salad for my beardie... 1/2 cup squash, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 large carrot, 1/4 cup fruit. Run it all through the food processor, serve a spoonful on a bed of fresh greens and sprinkle with the appropriate supplements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom