Does this mealworm feeder thing work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I’m not going to pay for one since I can easily make one out of a ketchup cup next time I go to a takeout restaurant, but has anyone used one of these before? I want to use it with BSFL to kinda spice Mari’s feeding time up, but idk if beardies look up to watch their food fall like an arborial lizard would.
full

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Yea they work but only if your worms are moving about in it. I have one in my Leo viv to spice things up for her

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
tgolden":2k3dya4c said:
Yea they work but only if your worms are moving about in it. I have one in my Leo viv to spice things up for her

I can totally see leopard geckos going after things like that. I almost got one before I got Mari, but I chose not to as I’m not comfortable handling lizards that can drop their tail. I don’t want to hurt them, lol. Mari’s BSFL move a lot, so thanks!

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
I've never had a Leo tail drop on me. Matter of fact i'm sitting here trying to tame one down. Right now lol. In my experience you really have to be rough with them. For them to drop.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
tgolden":uk18c659 said:
I've never had a Leo tail drop on me. Matter of fact i'm sitting here trying to tame one down. Right now lol. In my experience you really have to be rough with them. For them to drop.

Oh when I was in high school there was an animal science room and we had leopard geckos, day geckos, anoles, and crested geckos and literally every single one of them dropped their tail by the end of my senior year and Im not sure if kids were being mean to them or if they were just super stressed about seeing a 4 foot long tegu walking around the room, but it made me a bit hesitant about lizards with caudal autotomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom