Weird stretching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddolls

108421-1058598445.jpg
108421-8916629213.jpg

Hi Guys,

Recently my beardie, Kit, coming up to 1 year old has been doing this weird manoeuvre once a day (or that's how many times I've seen it around work) where he arches his back to where he looks like a cat, it has as I said only recently started and as you can see from the pictures he is beginning to shed on his front legs and front of his face as well as his underside the scales look non uniform so I suspect that he is trying to shed there aswell, in the past he has not done this whilst shedding his belly and sometimes when I've tried to pick him up around his belly he has done the same manoeuvre almost as if he is doing it due to being uncomfortable, he is still pooing every 1-2 days so I don't think it is anything to do with impaction and he had a visit to the herp vet about a month back who said he was in good shape, I just wanted to put this here to see if any of you had similair behaviour with your beardies shedding/stretching and/or to make sure its nothing untoward as I cant find anything online about this type of movement.

Many thanks

Josh and Kit :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've seen that before with my guy. Especially around sheds or when he is trying to flatten out to bask. He does it often when there is a strong beam of sun coming through the window. If you aren't noticing any other oddities such as lack of appetite or weight loss or lethargic behavior etc, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Jeddolls

Original Poster
CooperDragon":t03ivnl6 said:
I've seen that before with my guy. Especially around sheds or when he is trying to flatten out to bask. He does it often when there is a strong beam of sun coming through the window. If you aren't noticing any other oddities such as lack of appetite or weight loss or lethargic behavior etc, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the reassurance of it being normal, he's almost finished shedding and is doing it less and less so thats what I'm putting it down to, although he still occasionally does it whilst trying to pick him up, not in a distressed manner but almost uncomfortable, will just watch and see if it stops completely, and yeah hes eating just fine, active from about 8-5 then a bit lazy but still awake till 8/9, he weighs around 450g and is 10 month old, do you know if this is healthy? Thanks, Josh

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah he sounds OK then. 450g is a pretty good size. He is almost as big as my adult who weighs between about 490g and 550g depending on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom