6-7 month old beardie puked a bunch of wax worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyyratt

Hi! I forgot to introduce my new buddy here from the reptile show. His name is Dobby and today he puked a lot of wax worms. This morning his UVB had flickered off suddenly and it must have been a little bit before it was noticed. He pooped normally, but I was wondering maybe if his digestion got thrown off or if he just ate too many wax worms over the last couple days? I feed him 20ish dubias plus a few wax worms later just as a treat. When he puked it was a large pile of just wax worms. No dubias in sight with some liquid. He is dehydrated, and licked a little bit of water off his snout when I gave it to him. He is active for the most part and is basking right now.

I feel so bad constantly having issues. I keep coming here for support and it makes me feel like I'm a bad owner D:

Setup:
40 gallon tank with screen cover
Zoomed light fixture for 10.0 T5 tube UVB
100W basking lamp as my room gets relatively cold and otherwise I cannot get the temperatures up.
CHE (Ceramic heat emitter) - I live in the north, and again my room gets rather cool.
Temps are 100-110 hot side 70-80 cold side

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may have been the waxworms, especially if you fed him when there wasn't enough heat. Just cut the waxworms out of his diet , dubias are better nutrition-wise and don't feed him too late in the day. He needs the heat to digest the meal. It's good that you got some water in him, he should be O.K . Do you have pics of Dobby ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree no more wax worms --- flicker of the UVB is it out? I would get Dobby some BSFL they are a great staple feeder and good as salad toppers -- do not dust them --
www.symtonbsf.com order large and feed as many as you want --- just feed them slow tho as they tend to gobble them up too fast and will come out undigested
Karrie

pennyyratt

Original Poster
Ah no.. The whole lamp holder is faulty and occasionally goes out now and again but turns on simply if you tap it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom