HELP RED POOP, BLOOD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jess3103

110157-4599854057.jpg

really worrying about 2 month old beardie, he’s barley eating as it is. impaction?? trying to gather money for vets atm
sorry the pics not clearer there was like darker red bits kinda within it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the tank set up UVB brand and bulb where in the tank is it ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking the temps? NO stick ons please -- what are you feeding him ?
Please post a pic of him so we can see him
Karrie

jess3103

Original Poster
KarrieRee":15g6ofuc said:
Please go over the tank set up UVB brand and bulb where in the tank is it ? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking the temps? NO stick ons please -- what are you feeding him ?
Please post a pic of him so we can see him
Karrie
110157-1432788005.jpg
110157-6398621746.jpg
I have an arcadia d3 all in one bulb, i was told they’re okay. He was eating crickets when i first got him and the he stopped eating them completely. he’s eaten a couple dubia roaches past few days and ate maybe 10/15 calci worms today. He’s also been eating mealworms which i know aren’t the best for them, i’ve read if you have no other options they should be okay. They were all he was willing to eat. i have more locusts on the way to see if he’ll eat them. he had another poop not long before bed which looked much more normal. He’s been very lively and every other bowel movement been normal. Also ignore the weird sleeping position in second pic haha. He’s been basking normally he’s just us the one funny poop all other been normal, he’s drinking and bathing most days. Basking temps roughly 38-41 depending where he is/how high up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not familiar w/ a Arcadia all in one bulb--- what wattage is it? And it probably should be directly above him-- what are the basking temps and how are you getting them?
Karrie

jess3103

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1kuklis7 said:
I am not familiar w/ a Arcadia all in one bulb--- what wattage is it? And it probably should be directly above him-- what are the basking temps and how are you getting them?
Karrie
https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/arcadia-reptile-solar-basking-flood-lamp-100-watt?size=100솫?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&cm_mmc=Google-_-CPC-_-%20google_shopping-_-google_shopping&ita=1976&ito=google_shopping&istCompanyId=7255ccad-a1fc-4729-af31-478f79e5071c&istFeedId=385e6b9a-8b03-4076-a8bb-e4737df8549c&istItemId=itxmxaqpp&istBid=tzwt&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzpms-NKI7gIVQeztCh0SIgZrEAQYAiABEgLMIPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#
https://www.internetreptile.com/arcadia-reptile-d3-uv-basking-lamp-100w-sma100e27/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzpms-NKI7gIVQeztCh0SIgZrEAQYASABEgI7xfD_BwE#fo_c=2683&fo_k=d9c5058a5bf43bcfa7ce9ed4d66fd87a&fo_s=gplauk
the bulb is that one 100w,not sure if there’s a difference between those two i know there is a 1st and 2nd generation of the bulb made. i got my viv second hand with the bulb included so i assumed its alright, i have one of the digital probe thermometers. temps are about 40°c basking spot

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you sure it's blood? Any red foods your feeding-- ? I am gonna have a few others look at your post--
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I don't see any blood, he looks plump and healthy. :) If he's had another healthy poo since then he's probably fine. If he has red poo again try to get a pic right away.

jess3103

Original Poster
KarrieRee":rkor5u07 said:
Are you sure it's blood? Any red foods your feeding-- ? I am gonna have a few others look at your post--
Karrie
He had red pepper in with him but as far as i know he didn’t eat any, only panicking because looked a darker red rather than undigested pepper, that could be it tho

jess3103

Original Poster
AHBD":382ruinm said:
Hi there, I don't see any blood, he looks plump and healthy. :) If he's had another healthy poo since then he's probably fine. If he has red poo again try to get a pic right away.
Alright i will do, i think it’s that it was big compared to his usual and the colour just worried me. He’s my first beardie and because he’s a baby i’m terrified of messing it up? Thank you!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The stool looks pretty normal to me also. What vitamins are you currently using?
Since you using the Arcadia D3 mercury vapor bulb, it needs to be at a 12 inch distance,
for safety. What is the distance to him?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom