Young Beardie loss of use of all limbs but tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I thought that would be the outcome, I'm so sorry. This is really devastating for you and my heart goes out to you. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I was afraid of that too --- it is so heartbreaking to have that happen --- and sadly it seems to happen alot -- I am sorry :cry:
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
@lrmmcart-- No redlights period- uvb should not be left on at nite--- and tote should be kept warm at nite w/ either a che or a heating pad wrapped in a dish towel etc--
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
It sounded like symptoms of botulism almost — I have been studying botulinum toxins for a few years (never in person because of safety, but I’m developing a prevention protein), did you wash the dubia roaches before feeding them, and is there any dirt in the container of dubias? I don’t know if reptiles are affected by BONT, but if they produce acetylcholine synaptically and have SNARE proteins in their brain then they are totally susceptible to botulism. I’m very curious now, I’m really sorry you lost him, but your little dude is about to have his legacy made in the field of science. (I wish I had a lab coordinator so I could run tests with samples, but Covid guidelines prevent that.) You should have an autopsy performed if you can, I believe he had lateral paralysis induced by some sort of bacterial neurotoxin in the roaches.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that your little one passed. :cry: I know it is such a horrible feeling,
heartbreaking to lose a precious dragon.
My sincere condolences to you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom