Beardy producing a lot of saliva.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I noticed my beardy Spike is producing a lot of saliva, noticed it one day when he was eating. My special boy was born with 1 nostril, despite that though he still breaths like normal, and has been completely healthy since I got him. (Roughly 3 or 4 years ago) He has started the process of shedding, so I'm wondering if his nostril might be clogged. He isn't breathing through his mouth, and is eating just fine. He does drink plenty or even a lot of water. He has a water bowl that he does in fact use, and because he is shedding now I've been giving him 15 minute baths everyday to help. Before I take him to the vet I hope some of you can offer some advice.

I'm thinking about once the shed starts peeling I'm going to help him out with his nose, get it unclogged.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of good boy Spike's face ? You say he is breathing O.K and that he doesn't open mouth breathe but how do you see the saliva, is he drooling ? Sometimes when they drink a lot they drool afterwards. Anyway, here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

BadassDolphin

Original Poster
AHBD":1a4iocqo said:
Hi there, can you post pics of good boy Spike's face ? You say he is breathing O.K and that he doesn't open mouth breathe but how do you see the saliva, is he drooling ? Sometimes when they drink a lot they drool afterwards. Anyway, here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Wasn't able to take a picture of his mouth, but an update on his shed/nostril it started peeling today so I helped him out and got a huge chunk of skin to come out of his nostril. He did start breathing through his mouth rather then his nose a couple days ago, so I hope he starts breathing through his nose again. He doesn't appear to drool at all either.

P.S Should have seen the huge sigh of relief he gave me after I got the skin out of his nostril :lol:

BadassDolphin

Original Poster
AHBD":dhpe8pxm said:
That's good !
OK time for an update, he's only breathing from his mouth and have discovered his nostril is clogged with what looks like stuck shed. I have a small pair of tweezers I can try and unclog it myself but I'd imagine that's probably a very sensitive area. I just can't afford a vet trip right now with what's going on in my life.

Here's a pic:
109952-2445385056.jpg

Poor thing, being born with only 1 nostril too. This must be so uncomfortable. He is still eating, pooping, and drinking plenty of water. So that's good news. Although takes his time eating since he has to breath through his mouth.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Spike, this is kind of tough for both of you. Try using your fingernail to scratch across it lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom