Bent tail...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trixie has had a bent tail ever since I got her. She seems to be acting perfectly normal, but I just wanted to make sure it's not a fracture that has fused or MDB. I will post an image to show more detail.

trixienell1618

Original Poster
full

full

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
If it makes you feel any better - my girl has a bend in her tail as well - its sooo similar to Trixies too. It’s pretty much always been there, similar to yours. If your dragon is getting proper UVB (and UVA as well) ... with a good diet - otherwise healthy and you don’t see any signs of active MBD in its limbs/spine/jaw/etc ... then it could just be a little kink that’s part of who Trixie is. We all have little imperfections ? ... That’s the way I view my girls tail bend - it’s been a part of her for 10 years.

If you did notice other things, or Trixies set up/lighting wasn’t proper - then maybe? But she’s seems to look healthy! Maybe someone else can chime in / see something different than what I do tho.

trixienell1618

Original Poster
blue11":rwkhazmh said:
If it makes you feel any better - my girl has a bend in her tail as well - its sooo similar to Trixies too. It’s pretty much always been there, similar to yours. If your dragon is getting proper UVB (and UVA as well) ... with a good diet - otherwise healthy and you don’t see any signs of active MBD in its limbs/spine/jaw/etc ... then it could just be a little kink that’s part of who Trixie is. We all have little imperfections ? ... That’s the way I view my girls tail bend - it’s been a part of her for 10 years.

If you did notice other things, or Trixies set up/lighting wasn’t proper - then maybe? But she’s seems to look healthy! Maybe someone else can chime in / see something different than what I do tho.
Thanks for your reply! Yes she is getting proper UVB and UVA. I assumed at first that it was just a part of her personality, but I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't me being a bad daddy and her ending up getting MDB. :D

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Awesome.

I will feel really bad if I’m wrong - but just from one crooked dragon tail person to another - totally have the same thing going on with mine. And she has gotten proper UVB, Temps, Diet all her life - and the bend has been there since she was a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom