Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown2353

109856-8403937891.jpg
hey y’all just got another beardie name cypress this is him 3 days in and a well as a bath! When I pick him up he does lift his hand for easy access but does seem to grip on my finger .. is this a good sign as well.. just been trying to help him along with his shed..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can hold him to your chest w/ your hand over his back -- we have had more babies jump off of people they think they can fly -- and sometimes really get hurt when doing this so when handling keep your hand over him at all times -- NO shoulder riding it will end in disaster --- always keep your hands over him --- any questions about his tank and lighting please ask the two most important things in the tank are basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and UVB NO coils
Karrie

Brown2353

Original Poster
109856-2874836037.jpg
hi kerries I have added his cage not sure if you remember me from my other beardies tank I have his digital thermometer and is usually 97-100 in basking area he usually grips no flying only seems to do that in his tank..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What size tank ? It looks like a 30? You using a what UVB? A T5 or a T 8? And your getting the basking temp where he sits?
Karrie

Brown2353

Original Poster
109856-4578577555.jpg
I don’t do coils on the uvb light which I think is a T8 50- also I have a basking light as well .. he mostly sits on his log or on the stick but he will venture around his tank. He eats great and when I got him he weighed on .75g and he eats duabi roaches as well still going to work on those greens like my other beardie but he dog wave frequently and stare not sure what that’s all about

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
T 8's need to be unobstructed --- no screen ---- and no plastic cover over the bulb and basking decor needs to be 6-8 inches directly above for optimal UVB
Karrie

Brown2353

Original Poster
Hi Kerrie.. I’ve looked at a lot of videos and the light inside isn’t always good! I actually go to a reptile store and where they buy and sell everything you need for your beardie and not that many people say to place light inside tank! This beardie is very active like my first but sometimes I do wonder about the light inside which they can still touch and burn themselves... so I think I will keep it over the tank and may remove the plastic glass other than that I will say I’m getting a good handle of the lighting and basking .

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom