Update Help! Respitory infection what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is most definitely full of eggs! I believe that they are shelled & just about ready to be laid
right now. What did the vet say regarding to the egg placement?
You would likely not see the eggs if they were not shelled, on x-ray. Has she shown any signs
of digging, etc as she would if she were ready to lay?
I would recommend getting a laybox ready for her so when she is ready to lay she will have a
suitable place to lay so she doesn't retain them hopefully.
Are you giving extra calcium for her?
I doubt that she has a respiratory infection but late stage egg production will cause marked
issues such as the eggs causing breathing problems, lack of appetite, etc. Has the vet stated
he felt she was going to have any trouble with laying?

Tracie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hi okay what do I do for a lay box, she has been digging a little bit the past 3 days and trying to climb the walls. The vet said that she would need surgery because they are retained but he's had said that because of the xray and has actually not seen her.
She is still very active and eating everyday I have been giving her calsium incase she was going to lay eggs. Of she was struggling though would she be moving around and eating or be lathargic.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
108816-8205081168.jpg
Is this okay it's damp coco fibre with orchid bark? I've put her in it but shes just giving me a dirty look

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Well she is digging frantically but she won't go in the tub she has jumped out an is just digging the floor, what should I do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's O.K, many beardies act just like that, I know it's nerve racking but I've seen it many times. You can put her back in the dig box and cover 3/4 of the top with thick cardboard and put a rock on it to keep it secure. Being covered makes it feel more like a cave for them. If she keeps coming out it's O.K, if she digs in a corner put an upside down large shoebox [ or similarly sized box ] over her with a part of the side cut open , and put shredded newspaper in it. They will often accept that as a laying area. She should lay any time now, within days at least.

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Thank you! I'll try that tomorrow with her, she does love the corners, hopefully she passes them soon and dosnt have any problems. I've made a box for her but I've put ripped up kitchen roll in will that be okay?
she was really struggling with her breathing today my poor girly

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hi pan is still not laying the eggs she is still digging everyday but still no eggs. She is still active and healthy looking, is there anything else I could try?

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Hi pan has been digging still the past few days but not today she seeming quite tired hiding alot but still moving around a little but not digging much only a about twice today for about 5 minutes. She's still eating her incects and veg but her breathing is still not great, what else can I do for her? Should she have layed by now? I really starting to worry.
I put a box in with soil and she was in that for a whole day constantly digging but no eggs I haven't seen her trying to lay any either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom