Girl?! Plus a quick question about shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarac

110010-1476840368.jpg

Okay so I’m 90% sure I have a girl. Just want some thoughts.

Also, the baby girl is scratching her face on wood, puffing the beard, and slightly bulging the eyes. But there is no shed coming off... or at least I don’t see any? How soon after they show these signs does shed start? She’s about 8 weeks now and I’ve had her for a week and a half. Not sure if it’s worth soaking her too. She climbs on me by herself so I don’t think she’s afraid of me, but I’m still concerned about stressing her. Urates are white so hydration isn’t a concern, just curious if I soak her, will the shed start? I think she’s about to shed but don’t really know. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, very probably a girl but check back again in a month or so. Her scratching + rubbing her face is probably related to a shed, that's usually the cause. You don't really need to soak them, I never soaked my babies but I did spray them daily as a means of hydrating them. They drink the drops that roll down their face. It's nice that she climbs up on you already, she'll probably a calm + cool dragon that you'll enjoy having ! :) Do you have pics of her enclosure ?

sarac

Original Poster
AHBD":23rf5xnt said:
Hi there, very probably a girl but check back again in a month or so. Her scratching + rubbing her face is probably related to a shed, that's usually the cause. You don't really need to soak them, I never soaked my babies but I did spray them daily as a means of hydrating them. They drink the drops that roll down their face. It's nice that she climbs up on you already, she'll probably a calm + cool dragon that you'll enjoy having ! :) Do you have pics of her enclosure ?

Hi! Sorry I waited until today to answer. It was lights out for her and I wanted an accurate pic of her enclosure, so here it is. And just a note, I’ll be ordering a 4x2x2 when she gets a good amount bigger. She’s sooooo tiny

110010-5025017154.jpg

sarac

Original Poster
If you look closely, you can see her hanging out on her hammock! So tiny! And the little pieces of fabric are from a fleece blanket that has my scent on it. I think that’s what really got her to trust me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She really is tiny, I can't spot her at all ! That's a nice set up, I actually recommend a smaller tank for tiny babies, even a medium plastic tote so the heat + uvb are more accessible to a tiny baby that can develop calcium deficiency when they can't get enough uvb in a tall tank.

sarac

Original Poster
AHBD":3ehi9pw2 said:
She really is tiny, I can't spot her at all ! That's a nice set up, I actually recommend a smaller tank for tiny babies, even a medium plastic tote so the heat + uvb are more accessible to a tiny baby that can develop calcium deficiency when they can't get enough uvb in a tall tank.

Lol if you zoom in on the hammock she’s hanging out right under the uvb. Her tail is hanging off the hammock a little bit.

I was wondering this, but she really spends most of her time on the hammock right under the heat or uvb. Honestly, she pretty much spends all of her time there.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
It’s good that you have some decor (such as the hammock) that are the same color as your beardie. They feel safer when they are camouflaged. (They can change the color of their skin slightly.)

sarac

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":3vi4lmhq said:
It’s good that you have some decor (such as the hammock) that are the same color as your beardie. They feel safer when they are camouflaged. (They can change the color of their skin slightly.)

Good to know, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom