Update Help! Respitory infection what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyshaci

Hi I got my bearded dragon 3 weeks a go and noticed she was breathing strangely so I assumed ri took her to the vets and they have given her baytril she has been on it for 17 day now and I don't know if it's working. She has a bit of slava in her throat and sids of mouth but it's not alway there and she is still eating and moving around, she is still breathing hard and open mouth breathing and you can hear her doing it. I've got a DHP on at night so her night temps are 28c and her basking temps during the day is 41c , she went for an X Ray a week ago and she has clouds on her lungs so I got told to carry on the baytril however I don't think it's working because she's not getting any better. Also her humidity Is 30% and I've not given her any baths. Would you say to take her back to the vets for new meds or just carry on for another week with the baytril?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post a pic of her and her lighting in the tank please especially the UVB --- does it have a reflector on it -- UVB is crucial to the health of the dragon --- what is a DHP? I would keep her tank around 80 at nite to keep the immune system up--- can you get a video of her breathing record on youtube then post the link please -- I am gonna have Tracie and AHBD address the breathing / med question
Karrie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
108816-9266367.jpg
108816-58681071.jpg
Is is only in a 3 foot at the moment but will be getting a much bigger one soon she was only in a 2 foot when I got her, her uvb is arcadia 12% D3 with reflector brand new, she used to have exo terra 10% berore I got her. I did put up another post a while ago but didn't get much reply back.
I'll try and upload a video
deep heat projector by arcadia similar to a ceramic heat emitter.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the projector is good --- the distance from her basking spot is 12-15 inches and it looks like its directly over the basking decor piece and distance looks good too --- your basking bulb is a bright white bulb ? Do you have copies of the vet visit? It would be helpful to Tracie if you can post those X rays etc --- shes the vet tech mod on here --- if you dont have them can you call the vets office and request they email them to you?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
From all those videos to me it looks like normal behavior -- did the X ray show any type of fluid on the lungs? The first video is gaping which is adjusting her body temp--- is there any crackling or wheezing going on I didnt hear any-- and your basking bulb is it off for the pics ? I have flagged the post -- the saliva in the mouth looks normal to me but we are gonna have some others look
Karrie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
I'll email the vets now but they probally won't send it till tomorrow. She's got the DHP instead of a basking bulb.
All I know is the she's on baytril 2.5% 0.1ml daily by mouth and she weighs 454g, they vets also mentioned about egg folicules and this is what could have caused the ri and that she will need surgery however I have take my other bearded dragon to them and they said that he was a she and that he had egg folicules so I don't know what to think ?‍♀️ but hopefully Tracy will be able to look at it and see what she thinks.
She is also lunging forwards when doing it sometimes even when sleeping and having her mouth gaped when asleep this was before I did the night time temps. Her basking bulb only emits heat no light. I haven't heard much clicking recently but I can hear sometjing hen I have my ear to her chest but I don't know if you can normally hear anything

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get a bright white basking bulb DHP's are not good for basking
Karrie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Why are they not? Not being rude just wondering,
I will once I can get another thermostat the one I have will not work with bulbs only with heat. ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
A digital probe is good for taking basking temps- you want to mimic the sun thus the bright white basking bulb--- it starts the digestion process along w/ heat - ahbd can better explain along w/ Tracie the bright bulb
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok get a good white basking bulb and we need Tracie to look at these- she is on late nite make sure you have the digital probe thermometer to get your basking temps
Karrie

Alyshaci

Original Poster
Also the vet said that she has egg folicules and they would not be able to be reabsorbed and they have put pressure on her lungs and that's why she is struggling to breath and why she has a respitory infection? But looking at other bearded dragon it says they can only not absorbe the eggs if they have got a shell on but from the xray they don't look fully formed?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Those questions will need to be addressed by Tracie and ahbd--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom