Plywood for a Enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydgehl16

hey y’all, so basically i’m wanting to build a 4x2x2 enclosure for Nubs and i was thinking i would use plywood for it, but i wasn’t sure how to make it safe? like do i use sealants and paints or what? i could use melamine but i’d prefer plywood as it’s sturdier and better in general. anyone have any answers at all regarding my plywood dilemma?

I think that would be fine. I am thinking of plywood for my savannah monitor enclosure, so I think it won't be a problem unless you turn it into an aquarium. :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, plywood is fine, no problem. If you are planning on staining & finishing it, be sure
to let it off gas & dry thoroughly before using it for your dragon. Are you planning on making
it with an open screen/mesh top to place the lights on top?
Go ahead & post pictures of your project, as you are working on it, in phases, etc. We all love
to see pictures!

Tracie

EvanBarker

i built my enclosure out of plywood and used laminate wood board to cover the plywood for easy cleaning but i saw that it couldn't keep humidity good.

i no longer use it anymore i built a snake rack which personaly i think is better. By the way it's better to buy quality goods, for example here sheetmaterialswholesale.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom