Hey everyone our new baby Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

109823-2620793884.jpg
109823-7396132396.jpg

Hey everyone this is my second post here hopefully a happier one, as my first one was asking for help to save our baby beardie Leo who unfortunately he had to be euthanized, the vet suspected atadeno virus, guess we learned never to buy a pet from PetSmart the hard way.

We got Yoshi from a reputable breeder here in Ontario, December 3rd, and the difference is night and day poor Leo ate only 3 to 10 1/4 in crickets a day Yoshi's eating 15 to 20 3/8 in in a few minutes twice a day. He is 13 weeks old and is about 3 times the size in length and width then Leo was at 5.5 months old.

He also seems to go stir crazy around lunch time every day, often running around his tank and glass surfing like crazy. He actually climbed one of the stick on thermometers and took quite the fall thankfully he is ok, hopefully he settles in his stress marks have finally almost vanished. Anyways just wanted to share the new addition to our family Yoshi.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum --- as long as his basking temps and UVB is correctly placed for distance and placement he should do good --- it looks like hes trying to get closer to the UVB? What brand and bulb are you using?
Karrie

Kyzer

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1pk4x101 said:
Welcome to the forum --- as long as his basking temps and UVB is correctly placed for distance and placement he should do good --- it looks like hes trying to get closer to the UVB? What brand and bulb are you using?
Karrie
Hey Karrie do you Remember helping me a few weeks back with my beardie Leo that we had to euthanize , in still using the same setup. The 18x18x18. This weekend I will be making a custom made enclosure 4x2x2 and adding either the reptisun t5 or the Arcadia . I explained my setup to the breeder, she said the coil UVB is ok in the size tank, she told me we would need a bigger tank by February, I don't think Yoshi likes his tank though because it's smaller then the previous one the breeder had him in, maybe he's missing his clutch mates? I honestly think he gets bored because right around the same time all weekend he ran around the cage jumping from rock to rock and glass surfing.

So for the next few days he will still be in the 18x18x18 with the coil bulbs.

I did but a zoomed combo thermometer/humidity reader with the probs. His basking spot with the 100w seems abit High to me though on his rock after 15 mins the Temp was 112, but the humidity on his rock was only 10% he gaps often while basking . Do you think I should take the 100 w out and put the 75w in? The current UVB coil is 26 W 10.0 from exo terra

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Temp on the 112 was on his basking spot? If so its too hot you dont want it over 110--- dont like coil bulbs --- the 26 watt is ok but it must be 6-8 inches w/ NO obstruction in a reflective dome-- I would change it out to the tube when you put him in the 4x2x2- that coil is not going to work in there - simply because of the distance plus it does not cover enough area -- the tube covers more area in the enclosure-- and that is what you want -- its common for the humidity to be low on the hot side of tank they say the hygrometer should be center of tank back wall to get the whole humidity level in tank -- so I would move it -- could be hes surfing the tank to get enclosure feel - Blaze did the same thing when I put him in the 4x2x2- and he came from a bunch of clutchmates too -- I dont think he missed them tho considering he was the runt and they wouldnt let him eat -- the gaping is normal - hes adjusting his body temp -- I would get that temp down tho for basking-- as they get older he wont want real hot temps- older dragons like it 95-100 or so -- my two are basking at temps around 97 or so - only in the mornings do they go up higher where the higher temps are - but for the most part they are in the 95-97 range --
Karrie

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Hello! I'm so sorry to hear about Leo :(
Yoshi looks so cute though! I hope you make many wonderful memories with your new friend.
Welcome to the forum! Fifa (our bearded dragon) and I say hi! :D

Kyzer

Original Poster
adambeck":28u3jfnq said:
Hello! I'm so sorry to hear about Leo :(
Yoshi looks so cute though! I hope you make many wonderful memories with your new friend.
Welcome to the forum! Fifa (our bearded dragon) and I say hi! :D

Thank you adam yea he's starting to settle down, it will be a week tomorrow that we've had him poor guy was so jumpy first 3 day as soon as you moved your hand to scratch your head or any small movements he was on edge and alert. He's a good boy though and eating well, already trained on his greens to.

You and Fila take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom