EATING ALL THINGS YELLOW!!!!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok something is going on with Sandstorm and he's acting weird. I let him roam on my bed and then i realized that he was trying to eat a sock. It had colors and it had a yellow line. Then i also realized that he was ONLY trying to eat the yellow part. Then for more proof i got a yellow pencil and then he tried to eat the yellow pencil! :shock: We ran out of worms and were about to go get some now so he ate some veggies not to long ago. Then he tried to eat a silk tag!!!! :shock: And now my sock is cover with salive ^_^ WHAT IS GOING ON? :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:lol: A little bit of personality showing through there. He is probably partly playing around and maybe a bit hungry. They do tend to be attracted to certain colors, so he is probably drawn to yellow as a food source. My guy will go after anything light green or blue-green (the color of a hornworm) like crazy. He has gone after fingers with light green nail polish from across a room before.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Behavior.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
My Phoenix is the exact same way, it’s just how they are it seems. They seem to express certain preferences to colors they might associate with food. So like Phoenix, Loki, and rocket will attack anything yellow or green, Daisy will attack anything red or pink, and Mulder will go after anything shiny. (He’s weird and loves shiny things)

Like what cooper said, it’s just their personality and food association most likely lol. Nothing to worry about. :)

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
HippieLizards":1wkoc3uq said:
My Phoenix is the exact same way, it’s just how they are it seems. They seem to express certain preferences to colors they might associate with food. So like Phoenix, Loki, and rocket will attack anything yellow or green, Daisy will attack anything red or pink, and Mulder will go after anything shiny. (He’s weird and loves shiny things)

Like what cooper said, it’s just their personality and food association most likely lol. Nothing to worry about. :)
Ok thank you!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
No problem! :)

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie likes red stuff. I wasn't here to see it, but one day he went after a patron's toenail that had been painted red. Darn me for needing days off.

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
saraho":2ae30xe7 said:
Charlie likes red stuff. I wasn't here to see it, but one day he went after a patron's toenail that had been painted red. Darn me for needing days off.
:lol: Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom