Giving beardie wine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had my beardie for 7 months now and recently I went to my hairdressers who also has a bearded dragon who is around a year old. We started talking about our beardies and she started talking about how she had given her old bearded dragon, who has sadly passed away, wine. She was talking about how it is completely ok to give bearded dragons wine as long as they are 2 years old or older. Although she seemed pretty confident that it was alright, the idea of giving bearded dragons alcohol doesn’t feel right to me. Anyway I was just wondering if it’s ok to give bearded dragons wine?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm more curious to know why this person thought 2 years old was the magic number. Does something change in them at 2 that makes it ok but at 1 and a half its bad? Lol.

Or is 2 the 21 equivalent in beardie years? :D

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's definitely not something I would recommend. It is likely to be harmful to them, and even if not harmful it wouldn't provide them with a benefit that I can think of.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I completely agree, not really recommended. I don't remember that question ever coming
up here though.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Wickedpogana":auzaue4x said:
My thoughts exactly.

I would NOT at all recommended feeding your dragon wine or any alcoholic beverages at all, does not seem like it would help them at all, it could be harmful and even if it wasn’t I doubt it holds any nutritional value at all.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I saw a video of someone blowing weed smoke into a baby bearded dragon’s tank on YouTube and you couldn’t even see the lizard in there anymore. They then posted in the comments saying “idk why my bearded dragon died, weed ain’t never kill anyone” and I’m like “you gassed your pet with a neurotoxin designed to kill small herbivores, please never get another pet or reproduce.” I reported the video to YouTube and they took it down, but I was shaking with rage.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
loljelloclowdz":3keqi3oc said:
I saw a video of someone blowing weed smoke into a baby bearded dragon’s tank on YouTube and you couldn’t even see the lizard in there anymore. They then posted in the comments saying “idk why my bearded dragon died, weed ain’t never kill anyone” and I’m like “you gassed your pet with a neurotoxin designed to kill small herbivores, please never get another pet or reproduce.” I reported the video to YouTube and they took it down, but I was shaking with rage.
Oh dear goodness, that’s horrible!!! Poor beardie! :cry:

loljelloclowdz":2f6kaj2u said:

Thanks for renewing my disgust with humanity as a whole ? lol. Idk why some people think it's ok to try getting their animals tore up from the floor up. Since the animal can't consent, I consider it abuse. I could probably rival Snoop Dogg when it comes to smoking weed but I wont even smoke in the same room as either of my beardies AND I run a small air purifier when I'm toking it up at home.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Human drugs make us feel funny because they are naturally intended by the plant to kill whatever eats them by relaxing them or hyping them up to death. We are large though, so what makes us feel high would kill most small herbivores.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
People never cease to amaze me!!! It's a wonder that some of them are able to chew gum and breathe without choking to death!!!
Just reading this confirms my belief that stupid people shouldn't breed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom