1 week into having a beardie. Been non stop soaking in information

Ontario Canada

And im struggling to upload pics of Charmander
109940-6366291544.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Charmander needs to adjust to his surroundings and acclimate to his tank --- please do as little handling as possible -- you need to approach from side not above he will think your a predator-- hand feed so he gets used to your hand -- he needs to learn to trust and that will get him to start w/ the hand feeding -- they will jump so beware they think they are superman and can fly-- put a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in the hide so he gets used to your smell -- I would only hold him for a few minutes at a time for now -- get him on a routine of feeding time so he knows what to expect -- I would lay off the bathing for now -- its good hes going to the water dish -- you can rinse his salads before serving and he will get moisture thru them along w/ the staple feeder insect - make sure its gut loaded and fed some sort of hydration like carrots or squash or water pellets --
Karrie

Kevane23

Original Poster
We are feeding crickets and gut loading them with some veggies. Cricket calcium feed and beardie pellets

He only eats like 5 to 7 quick then stops. Sometimes he eafs his salads (collards or dandelion greens and butternut squash) and sometimes he doesnt.

I want to get into q solid routine for feeding but all the researching ive been doing and cant find anything where it seems that thisnis how most people do it

Any solid advice for me here?

Thanks in advance

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I started mine w/ feeding salads w/ some worms like BSFL and 1-3 small super worms on top to lure him to the salad bowl - fed first thing in the morning and after a couple of weeks he got to where he would sit on the bottom part of his basking log waiting for me to come and feed him - his lights were on for an hr or so before feeding - then after letting him eat from the salad bowl for an hr or so I would add his staple dubias to the salad bowl - I then also got silk worms to add to the top of the salads as well - I fed like 3 of them -- I hand fed the BSFL before putting them into his bowl - like 3-4 of them -- he always watched me add those worms to his salad bowl - I did this consistently the whole time he was a baby -- watch his poops they will tell you if hes dehydrated or not - they should be dark firm and moist the urate formed moist and white -- if its dry and chalky looking hes dehydrated
Karrie

Kevane23

Original Poster
I live in Canada. Apparently dubias are illegal

I was also told by a breeder that worms and baby beardies dont mix hard on their tummys

Also told babys should be fed 3 to 5 times a day

adambeck

Hatchling Member
Just wanted to say that the picture is so cute and precious! <3
Wishing your new friend and your family lots of adventures and joy. Fifa (our bearded dragon) and I say hi! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom