Baby beardies eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jollygiant

Hello I have a 4 month old female bearded dragon. Her eyes look like thr inside lense wont retract. I thought it might have been from the UVB light which is a reptisun 10.0 UVB self ballasted lamp. 3u-26w AC 120v/60hz 0.32a bulb. So I shut it off for a day then leave it on for about 6-8 hours so she can get her calcium from it. Shes in a 40gl tank with the green felt type at the bottom BUT she was in sand for about a month till I found it that sand is a no go for them. I tried saline solution and rinsing and wiping gently with a damp cloth with the fibers removed so to not get into her eye. Took her to the vet they said they dk whats going on. Some help they were. But im afraid of loosing my baby she eats everyday but hasnt grown an inch compared to her male. He is about 6 inches now and she is still baby size. But I need to know Whats goin on with her lens they look dry like maybe they were burnt so I rinse and they go back to the pinkish color but they wont retract and I havw no idea what would cause it. Please help :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post a pic of the eye please? https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post -- the UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 and where in the tank is it? Also are you housing the two dragons together?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom