Bearded Dragon Keeps Turning in Circles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long did they have him for? If they got him when he was a baby they are usually around 3 months old but even that is not a guarantee on age --- NO UVB for long periods of time does neurological damage and it sounds like that is what is going on -- I do not know how to correct that now or if you can that is something Tracie will haft to answer-- getting the UVB NOW is crucial -- like yesterday -- in the mean time get him outside if its warm where you are 65+ degrees every day for at least 15 minutes or longer direct sunlight - let him sit on you --- I need to know what bulb you have coming so I can help you place it when it comes -- ok so you need to get a digital probe thermometer and get a basking temp-- place it where he basks--- temps should be 95-110 taken w/ the probe --- I would move the basking light to one end of the tank and when your UVB comes set it next to the basking bulb --- you do not want to change the bulb out til you get a actual basking temp -- you do not want to burn him up and w/ him not sitting under the light now tells me it could be too hot w/ the log --- so please get a digital probe thermometer -- and he really isnt basking w/ where hes sitting if he was he would be directly under the bulb --- the dragon is not in good health - to be honest I am surprised the dragon is eating at all --- w/ out proper basking temps and UVB they do not eat --- he has not been able to absorb any calcium given to him because the UVB helps them absorb it --- as for the screen and UVB I am thinking your going to want to have the UVB unobstructed w/ the issues going on -- so when the fixture comes I need to know what bulb it is -- what brand and T 5 or T 8 please--- keep soaking him in warm water and see if it will come the rest of the way out - do this tomorrow again and keep us posted -- I need to flag this post but we need UVB info
Karrie

LucasEspinoza

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1354jk79 said:
How
109875-2019453100.jpg
long did they have him for? If they got him when he was a baby they are usually around 3 months old but even that is not a guarantee on age --- NO UVB for long periods of time does neurological damage and it sounds like that is what is going on -- I do not know how to correct that now or if you can that is something Tracie will haft to answer-- getting the UVB NOW is crucial -- like yesterday -- in the mean time get him outside if its warm where you are 65+ degrees every day for at least 15 minutes or longer direct sunlight - let him sit on you --- I need to know what bulb you have coming so I can help you place it when it comes -- ok so you need to get a digital probe thermometer and get a basking temp-- place it where he basks--- temps should be 95-110 taken w/ the probe --- I would move the basking light to one end of the tank and when your UVB comes set it next to the basking bulb --- you do not want to change the bulb out til you get a actual basking temp -- you do not want to burn him up and w/ him not sitting under the light now tells me it could be too hot w/ the log --- so please get a digital probe thermometer -- and he really isnt basking w/ where hes sitting if he was he would be directly under the bulb --- the dragon is not in good health - to be honest I am surprised the dragon is eating at all --- w/ out proper basking temps and UVB they do not eat --- he has not been able to absorb any calcium given to him because the UVB helps them absorb it --- as for the screen and UVB I am thinking your going to want to have the UVB unobstructed w/ the issues going on -- so when the fixture comes I need to know what bulb it is -- what brand and T 5 or T 8 please--- keep soaking him in warm water and see if it will come the rest of the way out - do this tomorrow again and keep us posted -- I need to flag this post but we need UVB info
Karrie
I believe he is 6-7 months old because of his size, but I’m not sure. I found some UVB T8 and T5 and fixtures. Would you tell me which one is the best? Also, what is wrong with the Reptisun Zoo med T5 Fixture? It comes with a T5 Bulb 5.0, not a 10.0. Is that a problem? Here are the pictures!
109875-3956462350.jpg
109875-3210277967.jpg
109875-3730357597.jpg
109875-5585301672.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Does he make circles, often or just when he tries to walk or run?
We recommend the Reptisun Zoomed T5 but a 10 would be much better than the 5 would
be. He would really benefit from the T5 high output tube bulb.
I would consider getting him on some liquid calcium also, for help with a higher calcium
absorption rate.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok Lucas they have all chimed in and I agree the Arcadia 12% bulb 22" w/ the Zoo Med fixture is going to be best for the dragon -- I would get this ASAP - do you have anything ordered yet? And if so what do you have coming -- https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24" hood w/ this bulb you must use this bulb for him not the 5.0 it comes w/
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-12-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html 22" this is a great bulb and your dragon I think will benefit better w/ it PLEASE GET THIS ORDERED this place is great they are fast and good and they ship Fed Ex --- and they dont keep the fixtures in stock for long they sell out very fast --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking in, to see how your little one is doing, any improvements thus far?
We are all pulling for him! Please let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom