6 month old eats paper towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cleaning my little Rangos tank and I've never had a problem out of him eating the paper towel while I wash his carpet but today he ate quite a chunk of paper towel and I'm very worried about impaction as we dont have to money to take him to the vet. Both my parents and I are very worried and really need help.

Hey there! It should pass through just fine. This is the reason when people are debating between lose and solid substrates, I always say that no substrate is the best. This has happened to me a few times, and it's never been fatal. Just make sure they are eating and pooping normally over the next few days.

Try a substrate such as ceramic tile or vinyl. This page talks about the substrate. :)
https://www.cliffhangerreptiles.com/pages/housing

RangosMama

Original Poster
It's been a few days and hes ate very few and hasnt really moved. The only time he was active and moving around was when I had him in the bath. I'm not sure if it's because its colder outside or what but I'm worried.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hi there :) I actually had this same experience about a year ago with my girl Opal. She passed her next stool just fine. It is probably a great idea to feed your dragon 100% pumpkin puree. It will help settle his/her stomach and help pass the next stool smoothly. He/she may just be going into a brumation or is having a hard time passing the stool.. I suggest giving a warm soak. If nothing changes in the next day, or for any reason she/he goes downhill please post again and we can try to help more!

This is my girl, she turned out just fine <3
102727-3776417151.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom