Giving beardie wine??

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Giving beardie wine??

Postby FlightlessDragon » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:34 pm

I’ve had my beardie for 7 months now and recently I went to my hairdressers who also has a bearded dragon who is around a year old. We started talking about our beardies and she started talking about how she had given her old bearded dragon, who has sadly passed away, wine. She was talking about how it is completely ok to give bearded dragons wine as long as they are 2 years old or older. Although she seemed pretty confident that it was alright, the idea of giving bearded dragons alcohol doesn’t feel right to me. Anyway I was just wondering if it’s ok to give bearded dragons wine?
FlightlessDragon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Giving beardie wine??

Postby Wickedpogana » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:46 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Wickedpogana
Juvie Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO - You Can take a Beardie out of the Wild but you cant take the wild out of a Beardie

Postby FlightlessDragon » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Lol that’s what I thought. No animals should be given alcohol especially smaller animals like bearded dragons.
FlightlessDragon
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:36 am

AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:14 am

I'm more curious to know why this person thought 2 years old was the magic number. Does something change in them at 2 that makes it ok but at 1 and a half its bad? Lol.

Or is 2 the 21 equivalent in beardie years? :D

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 pm

That's definitely not something I would recommend. It is likely to be harmful to them, and even if not harmful it wouldn't provide them with a benefit that I can think of.
CooperDragon

Postby Drache613 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:04 am

Hello,

I completely agree, not really recommended. I don't remember that question ever coming
up here though.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:25 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:[Click image to enlarge]

My thoughts exactly.

I would NOT at all recommended feeding your dragon wine or any alcoholic beverages at all, does not seem like it would help them at all, it could be harmful and even if it wasn’t I doubt it holds any nutritional value at all.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby loljelloclowdz » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:23 pm

I saw a video of someone blowing weed smoke into a baby bearded dragon’s tank on YouTube and you couldn’t even see the lizard in there anymore. They then posted in the comments saying “idk why my bearded dragon died, weed ain’t never kill anyone” and I’m like “you gassed your pet with a neurotoxin designed to kill small herbivores, please never get another pet or reproduce.” I reported the video to YouTube and they took it down, but I was shaking with rage.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:23 pm

loljelloclowdz wrote:I saw a video of someone blowing weed smoke into a baby bearded dragon’s tank on YouTube and you couldn’t even see the lizard in there anymore. They then posted in the comments saying “idk why my bearded dragon died, weed ain’t never kill anyone” and I’m like “you gassed your pet with a neurotoxin designed to kill small herbivores, please never get another pet or reproduce.” I reported the video to YouTube and they took it down, but I was shaking with rage.
Oh dear goodness, that’s horrible!!! Poor beardie! :cry:
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Cat, and a Ball python. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby reereejugs » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:59 pm

Jeez, I just can't imagine what could've led to her dragon passing away 🤔
reereejugs
Hatchling Poster

Postby reereejugs » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:03 am

loljelloclowdz wrote:I saw a video of someone blowing weed smoke into a baby bearded dragon’s tank on YouTube and you couldn’t even see the lizard in there anymore. They then posted in the comments saying “idk why my bearded dragon died, weed ain’t never kill anyone” and I’m like “you gassed your pet with a neurotoxin designed to kill small herbivores, please never get another pet or reproduce.” I reported the video to YouTube and they took it down, but I was shaking with rage.

Thanks for renewing my disgust with humanity as a whole 👍 lol. Idk why some people think it's ok to try getting their animals tore up from the floor up. Since the animal can't consent, I consider it abuse. I could probably rival Snoop Dogg when it comes to smoking weed but I wont even smoke in the same room as either of my beardies AND I run a small air purifier when I'm toking it up at home.
reereejugs
Hatchling Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Human drugs make us feel funny because they are naturally intended by the plant to kill whatever eats them by relaxing them or hyping them up to death. We are large though, so what makes us feel high would kill most small herbivores.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:55 am

People never cease to amaze me!!! It's a wonder that some of them are able to chew gum and breathe without choking to death!!!
Just reading this confirms my belief that stupid people shouldn't breed!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion