Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl who is a abouta1-1/2years old is starting to brumate.
She had a clean fecal test a few days ago and I've been letting her just chill and sleep since then.
She tried to brumate last year but it got cut short by us having to move on short notice. After the move she woke up for a bit and got pinworms so she couldn't go back to sleep.

My question is should I be changing her light schedule and should I be offering her salad and bugs like usual incase she wakes up for a snack?
I've been offering salad but have not offered bugs for a few days because she hasn't been interested in the salad.

She's is currently on a 40gallon breeder with a 24in 10.0 t8 reptisun uvb 100watt basking light on a stand i can raise or lower. Basking Temps are at 95-105°f floor Temps are 90°on the hot side and about 80° the cools side.
She's weighs about 330grams.

Below are a few pics of her tank and Temps where she is laying.
103630-5413080915.jpg
103630-4176364238.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually keep my lighting on the same schedule, but add a few extra fleece blankets to encourage burrowing. Keep track of her weight and log it every week or two so you can monitor that (she shouldn't lose very much over time). Offering snacks is OK based on my experiences. They just don't tend to be very hungry. Dripping water on her nose on days she is more awake/interactive is a good idea in order to keep her hydrated. I usually recommend leaving them alone to sleep except on days they wake up a little bit. That's when I take a weight measurement and offer a snack etc.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom