How do you tell if a beardie needs a bigger cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really the time for Sandstorm to get a bigger cage yet, but he is slightly getting bigger and im trying to see when it is the right time to get a bigger cage for him. I'm not sure of his age yet, so i'm just wondering. I already now that you can tell when they glass surf, and can't turn around without bumping the sides, and he isn't doing any of that. But i just want to know more information.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Generally the more space you can provide the better. They tend to enjoy roaming around a large territory and if you have a larger enclosure, it makes it easier to create more options in terms of heat and UVB exposure. For example, in a very large enclosure you could have a high heat and high UVB area, and then another area with just high heat and low UVB, while still having areas that are cooler and areas without any UVB. These gradients are tougher to achieve with smaller enclosures.

At a minimum though, you want to provide them with enough space to climb at least a little bit, and enough space for them to lay flat without being near the sides and to be able to easily turn around.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom