Baby beardy biting, running away, won’t eat greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikeysM0m

Original Poster
Update:
First thank you AGAIN to all of you.
I managed to pull out the top of the terrarium and create an opening for the t8 to be uninterrupted. Its also made it so that the heat lamp is uninterrputed as well.
It’s a little “mcgyvered” while we get a stable setup built this weekend. But the difference in this little dragon is distinguishable already.
I was really afraid this little dragon was at its last straw.

Spikey has gain even more feistiness and after about 30 minutes of uninterrupted UVB in the tank, it has walked around its enclosure like it is large and in charge the rest of the afternoon.

We saw Spikey went and sat on the water for a about 5 seconds and walked right to the door to face me and stick it’s tongue at me. I assumed it was the universal toddler language of “where is my food”. When I opened the door he went right to the tree where it sees all the enclosure.

I dropped 3 crickets and that dragon jumped out of the tree and pounced. We gave him a worm and he devoured that as well. Since he kept looking towards the bowl where we drop the food we put a second worm and it ate that too. After that Spikey went back to its tree with its head held high.

This is the first time it’s ever gone to the “coolest side of the enclosure” and he did and dropped a huge poop after 2 days without food or poop he was a different dinosaur.
We went out and when we got back in he was walking around the terrarium.
We just turned lights off for the night, in hope tomorrow we turn a leaf of a more comfortable dinosaur.
Thanks again for your patience and interest in helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom