!!ASAP!! Brumation or dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyyratt

Hi I know I've been posting a lot here but I'm so anxious about my baby beardie Ezekiel. I don't think it's possible for a 2 month old beardie to be going through brumation, but I wanted to ask.. I'm not sure what to do. In my last post I have my set up described if needed and I don't know if a vet could even do anything for him being so small.. I should add that he is super lethargic and almost goes into a death like state if we even so much as hold him.. It's super odd.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Penny, no babies brumate. It sounds like Ezekiel is very ill. Can you post pics of him + the entire enclosure ? Also what insects you feed and exactly how big are they ? EDIT....I saw pics on your other threads, your care seems good . How did he hurt his leg, is there a hammock or tall basking area he might have fallen from ?

pennyyratt

Original Poster
AHBD":2p1rxack said:
Hi Penny, no babies brumate. It sounds like Ezekiel is very ill. Can you post pics of him + the entire enclosure ? Also what insects you feed and exactly how big are they ? EDIT....I saw pics on your other threads, your care seems good . How did he hurt his leg, is there a hammock or tall basking area he might have fallen from ?

He has a tree in there, but I made sure to put some fake leaves under it so he could fall on them if he were to. The hammock we suspect was the culprit and swiftly took it out.. But it seems since then he has progressively gone downhill. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you see if he'll drink if you drip water on his snout ? And do post pics of him laying in his tank, a close up of him and then a pic of the entire tank.

pennyyratt

Original Poster
Oh goodness. His tank is a mess. There are dried greens from when he was activeish and I've been so scared to do anything to his tank since he fell ill. I will take pictures of him laying though.

I've tried giving him water multiple times, he won't lick it off at all..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Dried greens are O.K, anyone with a beardie will have some mess at some point during the day ! As for the water, drip it very slowly. When is the last time the little guy ate ?

pennyyratt

Original Poster
AHBD":37ncr1ru said:
Dried greens are O.K, anyone with a beardie will have some mess at some point during the day ! As for the water, drip it very slowly. When is the last time the little guy ate ?
Today. I had to force feed again but he didn't give a fight when it came to swallowing. I'll try again with the water however!

Pictures below, the stick on back fights me everyday, never stays on...
109146-5206056731.jpg

109146-3033290021.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The tank is nice + clean and beautifully set up. It is very large for a a baby though, the heat + uvb probably are not reaching all the way down. Do you use the stick on thermometers only to read the temp or do you have a digital ? You may need more heat, how many watts is the bulb ? You should also attach the uvb under the screen. If you can't do those things you should set Zeke up in a " hospital tank " like this.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

It's a small/medium plastic storage tote, simple set up where the heat + uvb are within 12". BTW, what are you feeding him with the syringe, is he getting calcium powder mixed in and does it have D3 ?

pennyyratt

Original Poster
Thank you for the compliment!!
I was told by another that a 10.0 UVB would be okay on the mesh instead of inside. The heat bulb is 100W and gives off 100-110 degrees on the stump he is on. Normally he would be on the tree but with him being so crazy I was afraid he wouldn’t be able to hold on :(
I use a probe and one of those stick on probes that come with the temperature controller for the CHE. Along with that I use a heat gun as well.
Feeding wise I have been using something called reptiboost. It had vitamins and calcium for beardies that aren’t eating.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome, it's obvious that you care very much and have tried taking very good care of your babies. I didn't realize how tall the tank is so yes, the uvb would be better under the screen right now or else set him up in a hospital tank like I posted. The Reptiboost is pretty good but you might also want to try Repashy Grub pie if they have it at your pet store watered down or Carnivore Care supplement. Still it would be good to add a little pinch of calcium powder with D3 to the Reptiboost.

pennyyratt

Original Poster
I love my dude so much.. It’s so shocking when they go downhill so quick. I do my best to care for them!
We are snowed in here right now, so hopefully tomorrow I can get out and get the necessary stuff. I’ll see what I can do in the meantime. I’ll be sure to add more calcium and D3.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, I know you do care very much ! For now it's very important to find a plastic tote, if you already have one that's great , if not they're they're only a few bucks at Walmart or Dollar store. With his injured arm he can't afford to fall off of anything and if he's on the floor the uvb can't reach him. You can put the little bed and the small bridge in as decor.

pennyyratt

Original Poster
I hope this snow quits because it is terrible here! Can barely go on the roads because of the snow and people not knowing how to drive in snow smh

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh my, if it's not safe to drive definitely just wait until the weather is better. If you leave him in the tank, find any kind of wire or string [ even fishing line ] to loop through the screen to attach the uvb under it. Then take out the tall basking objects.

pennyyratt

Original Poster
AHBD":2is14q8q said:
Oh my, if it's not safe to drive definitely just wait until the weather is better. If you leave him in the tank, find any kind of wire or string [ even fishing line ] to loop through the screen to attach the uvb under it. Then take out the tall basking objects.
Alright, I'll see what I can do! I'll update soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom