Dragon in Detention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Well, this teacher mom with a Beardie virtual classroom pet is NOT HAPPY with her dragon at the moment. In fact, I'm putting him in Dragon Detention!!!

This morning, Figment was "asking" to come out - unusal for him, but I gladly brought him out and then let him roam around the room as I started my online teaching day. A few hours later, I put him back into his hab. As I was doing parent conferences by Zoom some time after that, I quickly reached down to grab my school supply bag... without looking away from the conference... and came up with a huge handful of dragon poop!

Now, I've been worried about Figment not "going" for some time now... it's been more than two weeks, and I've tried everything from tummy massages to warm baths to pureed pumpkin baby food... but apparently, while he was on walkabout this morning, the urge came upon him and he left his deposit RIGHT on my school bag! It was a pretty massive poo, too. Ick ick ICK!!!!!

On the plus side, at least I know he's not constipated now.

On the minus side, I feel like I need to get a new bag... and sanitize my hand! You don't know how hard it is to finish a parent conference when your hand is covered with excrement!!!!
:puke:

Faith331

I've heard of some beardies not liking to poop in their habitats. Maybe yours is like that. You may want to start a habit where you bathe him and see if he'll poop in there? IDK if you've already tried that though

saraho

Hatchling Member
It must not have smelled too bad. Charlie had an awful poop this morning right on his cork basking log. I ended up taking it outside to let the cold weather help with the smell. This is the worst I've ever smelled!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Faith331":1dht2b7j said:
I've heard of some beardies not liking to poop in their habitats. Maybe yours is like that. You may want to start a habit where you bathe him and see if he'll poop in there? IDK if you've already tried that though

Good idea, but in the year-plus that I’ve had Figment, he’s only pooped in the bath once. Usually he has no problem going in his tank. I guess yesterday was the exception- or he was making a comment on my teaching style!!! LoL

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
saraho":xssjjk9y said:
It must not have smelled too bad. Charlie had an awful poop this morning right on his cork basking log. I ended up taking it outside to let the cold weather help with the smell. This is the worst I've ever smelled!

It didn’t smell too bad for dragon poop... but I’ve also got a stuffed nose and can’t smell much at the moment! But I feel for you... when Figment was little, he’d poop on the cage furniture that was hardest to clean, and I bet cork is a pain to disenfect! Hope the cold weather helped!

Faith331

saraho":j0n0ebn3 said:
Keep an eye out. Very foul smelling poops can be a sign of parasites <3

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Faith331":10wftklp said:
saraho":10wftklp said:
Keep an eye out. Very foul smelling poops can be a sign of parasites <3

I was just thinking that. Of course, normal dragon poo doesn’t smell like roses- but if it drives you from the room, that might mean it’s time to call the vet.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari did something similar while I was in one of my lectures. I had her on my bed and she suddenly took a giant poop on my bed and I had to sit there for 10 minutes because we were going over something important, but as soon as the call ended I stripped my bed and did laundry. ? Mari poops all over my room because I made it into her habitat, so I’m currently tracking where she poops so I can put some paper towels down. The downside of converting your living space into a habitat for an animal is that they are technically in charge now. ?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, beardies can become like the boss of the home. Our girls seem to want to poop where ever they are when the urge takes them. My husband has become an expert on understanding their expressions when they have to poop, he usually can tell. Me, however, is a different story. I don't know if they have to poop until it's too late. Usually, I keep a paper towel underneath them to catch it, hopefully, before you must change clothes and put what you were wearing in the basket to wash them in.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
beardie parents":3nogpj1e said:
Yes, beardies can become like the boss of the home. Our girls seem to want to poop where ever they are when the urge takes them. My husband has become an expert on understanding their expressions when they have to poop, he usually can tell. Me, however, is a different story. I don't know if they have to poop until it's too late. Usually, I keep a paper towel underneath them to catch it, hopefully, before you must change clothes and put what you were wearing in the basket to wash them in.

When I get pooped on I instantly shed my clothes and take them outside and kinda fling the turd off as much as possible before going back inside and blasting water on the stain. In the summer I use the hose outside so I dont put poop in my sink, but in the winter I have to get creative. I find that it’s best to just hand wash your clothes immediately so the poop isn’t in the fabric for too long.

My dragon prefers to wait until he's out of the cage to poo, so we have learned to keep him on a towel until he's done his business (came to us as a rescue/surrender, his terrarium was absolutely filthy and he was rarely handled. Now he knows he's going to come out every day, I don't blame him for wanting to keep his home clean!)

I find oxyclean works wonders for stain removal on washable fabrics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom